Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a strange situation here. My PPQ M2's front sight got knocked off and marred/dented when I bought a holster that was too tight for it. I called Walther to order a replacement and the rep said they had the #4, 3, and 2 in stock. I know what's on my PPQ is a #4 so I ordered that, and I also ordered the #3 and 2 as well. If I line up my sights with the front dot covering the bullseye, I hit it dead center. I sort of prefer if the poa would be slightly below the poi so that I can see what I'm aiming at when I line the sights up, so that's why I wanted to try the #3 and 2 as well so that if I hold the front dot below the bullseye it should hit at the bullseye.

Well the new sights came in and they're all much taller than what's on my PPQ which was bought in Dec 2013. You can see in the photos below.

As measured best I could using digital calipers, the heights are as follows:

Original #4 on my PPQ: 4.5mm (.177 inches)
New #4: 5.75 mm (.226 inches)
New #3: 5.45 mm (.215 inches)
New #2: 5.15 mm (.202 inches)

Anyone know what's going on? Did I get sights that were meant for some other Walther or did they change their front and rear sights? I can't imagine that they would only change the front sights because they'd be so tall paired with the old rear sights that you'd end up shooting really low.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,536 Posts
Grapevine, I'm no expert, and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, but those sights Walther sent you SURE do look like 'P22' sights. If I were you, I'd call Walther back and whine a little bit and then I'd order part number (2627248 Front sight set, polymer (#1-6)). This sight set will include one each of sights #1 thru #6 as well as an allen screw and allen wrench.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yup, new #4 is part 512.70.06

I'm going to give service a call. When I called them before, they said they didn't have the 1-6 set available but had these individual # 2,3,4.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just got off the phone with customer service. The rep on the line put me on hold while he goes to check with the gunsmith. He came back and said the gunsmith said the sights should fit the PPQ. I had to explain to him that they did fit but that they were too tall. I don't think he understood the significance of that, so I had to explain to him how a taller front sight affects shooting, and that front and rear sights have to be paired to each other. I still don't think he understood but after another long winded explanation from me I think he decided to take the course of lesser resistance and said he's going to send me a Fedex envelope to send the sights back.

I don't know why they seem to have customer service reps who don't understand these things.

And the PPQ 1-6 set is still not available. It's been on backorder for months. He said they have the #3 and #5 PPQ steel sights available, but they were $25 each. I'd rather just get a 3rd party set of fiber optics in that case.

·
Premium Member
13,536 Posts
Yup, new #4 is part 512.70.06

I'm going to give service a call. When I called them before, they said they didn't have the 1-6 set available but had these individual # 2,3,4.
Yep, that's right, I just checked the PPQ parts list and it looks like your SOL. They only list parts numbers for the polymer set but NOT individually. The only individual front sights they list are STEEL.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Another Walther Arms CS failure. And I can't believe they'd rather pay FedEx to get the sights back when the plastic sights themselves probably cost less than the return shipping.

·
Registered
21 Posts
PPQ M2, #4 front site. My POI is a little higher than what I am used to. Do I need a taller or shorter front sight? Thanks.

Thanks for your reply and all the great info in this thread.
I should have re-read the manual it is right there in section 6.
Again thanks!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Think about it like this: A taller sight will push the bore down with the same POA.

I seem to recall there was something in the back of the owner's manual that had some guidance on which ones to use though

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a new ppq M2 and I have a #5 stamped on my front sight. According to the schematics on the front page of this thread, the #5 front sight is 4.1mm which converts to .161417, or .160.
If I measure the front sight with my calipers, I get a height of .190 according the the way dawson precision measures their sights. I am measuring from the top of the sight at the highest point (front tip) to the top of the slide in front of the sight.
Does walther measure differently than dawson?

·
Premium Member
13,536 Posts
Sounds like they installed the wrong sight on your pistol. I'd call Walther customer service and ask them to send you a no. 4 front sight. Or, if your going to replace the factory sights with aftermarket sights, it's a moot point.

·
Registered
53 Posts
To Keep Sight of Things...

Ok gent's, to stay on the same topic and not have to post yet another thread, I'd like to get you guys' suggestions/advice on the sight sitch I have with my PPQ M1...

I replaced the factory front sight (it fell out while on the range) with a Mepro night sight because I planned on going to night sights anyway. Now, I'm ready to replace the rear with night sights, but finding just the rear without the front is turning out to be a challenge to say the least. Only one I found was over $100, which doesn't make sense when I'm seeing the set's going for $90 to $100.

So, A) are there places to get these for a good price? B) do I have to go with Meprolight rear just because I have a Meprolight front, or are there other options? C) just to be sure, once and for all, are P99 sights and PPQ sights interchangeable?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
53 Posts
A. Yes

B. I would

C. Yes

Outstanding! Just ordered the Mepro rear from the link you provided. As usual, you're a great source of insight and direction, so many thanks, oh great and powerful Oz!:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
The new rear Mepro came in yesterday so I popped it on last night. Looking forward to sighting her in this afternoon...thanks again for your help!

41 - 60 of 68 Posts