Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I put SpeedSights night sights on my PPQ M2 SC, they work great. One thing you must remember is like all night sights the part you see in the dark is in the center of the sight. The SpeedSights sight picture is for the 3 triangles to line up horizontally with the top point of the center triangle on the bullseye of the target. In the dark its hard to see the triangles so the point of aim for the glowing dots will be slightly below center of the target. No big deal just different from most common night sights.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So the sights for the PPQ SC are the same as all the other models of PPQ so anything listed for the PPQ should work fine. Also the dovetail is the same as the PPS so PPS sights will technically work too though I think the heights between them usually differ. Also not all the sights are adjustable like the stock ones and may have set screws like the PPS sights.

Trijicon makes two sets of very good quality tritium night sights with photoluminescent paint (You can charge it with a light and make it glow) in orange and yellow. (I have the orange ones. They work well for one-handed slide racking too.)

Dawson Precision makes a fixed sight set with white dots that is very popular though I haven't used them.

It looks like XS makes a set too.

I put SpeedSights night sights on my PPQ M2 SC, they work great. One thing you must remember is like all night sights the part you see in the dark is in the center of the sight. The SpeedSights sight picture is for the 3 triangles to line up horizontally with the top point of the center triangle on the bullseye of the target. In the dark its hard to see the triangles so the point of aim for the glowing dots will be slightly below center of the target. No big deal just different from most common night sights.
Isn't the PPQ design with combat sighting in mind? If so then putting the center dot over the target should be the goal, shouldn't it?

·
Registered
156 Posts
You’re right Walther chose to use “combat sights” on the PPQ. Combat Sights are relatively cheap and versatile, that being said it does not mean there are better sights available. Let me clarify what makes the SpeedSights so good. There are designed with 3 diamonds inline point to point with little or no gaps between each diamond. All you need to do is insure that the side points of the diamonds are touching and place the top point on the center diamond of the target. The bullseye is not covered by the sight.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
I have the LE model PPQ SC and this is my first handgun with luminescent sights and I think they work pretty well. I haven't tested how long they will glow for yet but this is just from a quick hit from my little Streamlight Microstream, during the day, in my closet.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the le version as well but the phosphorescent circle fell out on the rear sight. I called walther they said send it in to replace the sights but it’s my carry gun so I don’t want to be without it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
LOL, I did not realize that.
I know right? My instructor showed us when we were doing a class on shooting in low light conditions. It blew my mind, I'd had those sights on my guns for half a year and didn't know.

I have the LE model PPQ SC and this is my first handgun with luminescent sights and I think they work pretty well. I haven't tested how long they will glow for yet but this is just from a quick hit from my little Streamlight Microstream, during the day, in my closet.

It's a shame Walther isn't licensed to sell tritium sights. :(

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
I prefer tritium because they do not need to be charged. In fact I prefer a fiber optic/tritium combination. I've found the TFX Pro sights to be the perfect set for EDC.

I don't know if they would fit the QSC (one would need to call TruGlo CS) but if the do they'd be a great option. Because of the fiber optics they are brighter at dawn and dusk the times when ambient light most closely matches the output of tritium bulbs or phosphorus dots. This is a big advantage for target acquisition.

The aggressive slope on the rear sight makes belt racking a breeze too.

I have TFX Pros on my Q45, my Navy Q and P99 and the TFX on my P99c. I've used other night sights including those mentioned in this post and none have suited my needs as well.

Reactions: rperillo05

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I prefer tritium because they do not need to be charged. In fact I prefer a fiber optic/tritium combination. I've found the TFX Pro sights to be the perfect set for EDC.
The Trijicon HD's ARE tritium. Just until Furluge's post above, I didn't realize that the orange ring on the front sight is also phosphorescent. Had to go and try it out, and sure enough, if you shine a light at it, it glows orange for a while. And I've had them for two years!

·
Premium Member
17 Posts

I don't know if they would fit the QSC (one would need to call TruGlo CS) but if the do they'd be a great option. Because of the fiber optics they are brighter at dawn and dusk the times when ambient light most closely matches the output of tritium bulbs or phosphorus dots. This is a big advantage for target acquisition.

The aggressive slope on the rear sight makes belt racking a breeze too.

I have TFX Pros on my Q45, my Navy Q and P99 and the TFX on my P99c. I've used other night sights including those mentioned in this post and none have suited my needs as well.
I had TFX Pro's on one of my M&P M2.0's, they are indeed great sights. At the range/day I prefer a fiber front/black out rear or tritium/bright orange ring/black out rear. I haven't done much training in near no light situation but I imagine something like the TFX's would be ideal for dual purpose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had orderthe the Trijicon HD night 600738 for P99 PPQ and PPQ M2. They fit into the slot of rear sight but the screw will not engage the slot of the sllide and secure the sight.

so either my sights are off on fit or 600738 PPQ does not fit the PPQ SC.

·
Registered
844 Posts
If you want Teijicon HD’s. ( which I highly recommend) you want to buy the PPS versions for the SC. It has a different slide than the regular PPQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had orderthe the Trijicon HD night 600738 for P99 PPQ and PPQ M2. They fit into the slot of rear sight but the screw will not engage the slot of the sllide and secure the sight.

so either my sights are off on fit or 600738 PPQ does not fit the PPQ SC.
You mean the windage adjustment screw that rests in the rear sight plunger? I know Ekjunge is saying the slide is different I'm just a little surprised as the manual doesn't give any indication there's a difference. Since the screw is removed from the factory sight and put on the new ones I'm having a hard time imagining how it's not engaging. It might be best to give Walther a call.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You mean the windage adjustment screw that rests in the rear sight plunger? I know Ekjunge is saying the slide is different I'm just a little surprised as the manual doesn't give any indication there's a difference. Since the screw is removed from the factory sight and put on the new ones I'm having a hard time imagining how it's not engaging. It might be best to give Walther a call.

What you are saying is correct but the screw sits a little higher in the the new rear sight. The screw hole in the site is higher- away from the slide.

So the head of the screw does not engage into the screw head slot of the slide.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
The Trijicon HD's ARE tritium. Just until Furluge's post above, I didn't realize that the orange ring on the front sight is also phosphorescent. Had to go and try it out, and sure enough, if you shine a light at it, it glows orange for a while. And I've had them for two years!

More detail on the Trij HDs.

The yellow ring "charges up" over twice as fast, and glows ~3 times longer then the orange ring.

Reactions: Wolfierules907

·
Registered
18 Posts
What you are saying is correct but the screw sits a little higher in the the new rear sight. The screw hole in the site is higher- away from the slide.

So the head of the screw does not engage into the screw head slot of the slide.
Got it. I thought the spring beneath the plunger would fix something like that but I guess not. If they really won't fit the trijicons are about the only night sight that preserves the adjustment system I know of. All the other ones are press fit with a set screw. As someone else said if you want the trijicons you'd need have to get the PPS sights. The other sights for the PPQ should work fine since they abandon the adjustment system you're having a problem with.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.