Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I installed Trijicon Night Sights on my Walther PPQ 9mm tonight, and I wanted to post some images briefly, as well as show the walther in a IWB Theis Holster made from Horse Hide for those still considering a holster option. Finally this image also displays the TLR-1 and Hornady Critical Defense Ammo. I used a 3/16 hex wrench to instal the night sight on the front. The back was super easy (Ask questions or see previous post regarding night sights). The front I managed with a little work . . . All in all, here we go!

Original Sights

Sorry if the images or small, accidentally exported in my iPad app resolution . . . If anyone really wants to see a higher resolution image of any of them, let me know and I can reupload at a later time. I have not taken the gun to the range yet to see exactly how it fires with the new sights - I literally just finished installing them. The holster is PPQ specific!!! Not P99 like others! Also the gun was unloaded and safety checked before these images were taken for those who are picky!

Cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
K&cadventures,

Thanks for the great photos.:)

I installed the Trijicons as well and they are a great improvement from the factory sights.

Did you have to adjust the rear sight much at the range for windage?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure as of yet - plan on attempting to go to the range tomorrow. Been too busy ever since I got them installed. I'll update on it when I know, I'm sure I'll have to adjust windage somewhat after removing the screw completely and resetting it, but it should be fairly tight and square from the original.

Cheers.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have done this install myself. I bought Sears Craftsman 3/16 nut driver, item 41977 and it works perfectly. It is about $6.00, so you are not stuck with some oddball tool you paid a lot for that you will never use again.

Going to take the PPQ to the range tomorrow to adjust the sights. Will probably have a report after the holiday weekend.
Here is my post from a week or so ago from another thread. The new sights are easy to adjust and the gun shoots great with them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Shot my PPQ for the first time today after installing the Trijicons. Super easy install and a nice improvement over the factory sights. Have another advanced class coming up this Fall and intend to shoot the PPQ if I can just find a nice holster. Between my G34, P30 and PPQ I seem to shoot much better during failure and re-load drills with the PPQ.

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
It's pretty much indistinguishable from the single-action mode on the P99 AS trigger. If you like the P99's single-action trigger, and you can live with only one trigger configuration each time, every time, all the time, that is what you get with the PPQ.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
It's pretty much indistinguishable from the single-action mode on the P99 AS trigger. If you like the P99's single-action trigger, and you can live with only one trigger configuration each time, every time, all the time, that is what you get with the PPQ.
Yeah... I kind of think of it like a P99 AS with the "defense kit" option ambi safeties but with only the SA trigger mode and new texturing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Theis is working wonderful! The horse hide will absorb sweat and keep it from rubbing you raw on long ventures outside. The gun stays very secure and I have no fear of accidentally showing it while out and about. If you are small framed your clothing may be limited though - my better half uses a similar holster, Crossbreed Super Tuck, with her PK380. In field attire for hiking it works great, but if she's wearing blue jeans and a t-shirt, forget it! In comparison though - Theis is 35% cheaper than Crossbreed, ships in 1 week rather than 6, works exactly the same, and has better clips!

·
Registered
924 Posts
For the most important question: how is POA using the Trijicons with CCW loads? I ask as I have to use a taller front sight on my SIGs (#8) as the recommended #6 shoots way too high at 7-10 yds.

·
Registered
141 Posts
For the most important question: how is POA using the Trijicons with CCW loads? I ask as I have to use a taller front sight on my SIGs (#8) as the recommended #6 shoots way too high at 7-10 yds.
The trijicon WP01 night sights hit POA with 124gr, and a little high with 147gr (1/2 to 1 inch) at 10 yards.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I may be the odd man out - And, I generally prefer night sights (I prefer them on my Berettas to the regular white dots)..... But when it came to the P99 I used to have... For some reason, I shot the gun better with the factory sights than I did once I put the mepros on the gun...

1 - 20 of 67 Posts