Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found a good deal on a PPQ Navy but I have a question regarding the trigger feel.

I read an article that said part of the Navy modification was a heavier striker spring. Does that cause a noticeably heavier pull?

Also what's the general consensus on the current triggers? I've read a couple things on people don't like them. Is the PPQ trigger no longer top dog for factory feel?

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
The PPQ striker is 'FULLY' cocked. When you pull the trigger, you're not compressing the striker spring.....your simply releasing the striker.

In other words the minuscule heavier striker spring will have NO effect on trigger pull/feel.

The only change I'm aware of is a modification to the single action sear, which results in more sear overlap or contact surface and which also results in a little more 'creep' in the trigger pull.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guess I'll have to stop in a store and try one. I haven't messed with a PPQ since they released the m2 model, and I ended up getting a 19 instead.

It's between a PPQ and M&P 2.0 compact for my new carry/suppressor host

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would highly suggest shooting the PPQ. I just picked up an M1 9mm and let me tell you...it’s the best trigger, softest shooting and most comfortable polymer pistol I own now.

I have been a Glock guy for years and own 6 Glock 19s. I am now seriously contemplating replacing 4 or 5 of them with PPQs. Not kidding...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually prefer the M1 style, but I can't find a definitive answer as to whether the m1 and m2 will work interchangeably when it comes to holsters. I plan on carrying whatever gun I get

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
A PPQ M1 will fit in an M2 holster.

A PPQ M2 might not fit into an M1 holster....it depends on how they trim the kydex around the trigger guard. So, more than likely, and in most cases a PPQ M2 will not fit in an M1 holster.

·
Registered
65 Posts
PPQ trigger

>>said part of the Navy modification was a heavier striker spring.

I have an older and newer Navy (3 year age difference). I honestly can't tell the difference.

nick112288, the biggest adjustment is the 1/10 reset on the PPQ vs larger travel to reset on the Glock. I find mastering this to be the key to tack driving accuracy. For less experienced shooters, I could see the short reset as a potential liability. I had a few mistakes along the way, but dry fire in the living room really helped. Now it can be hard to know where the bullet went, because it goes thru the ragged hole of it's predecessors. :)

The overall travel of the PPQ trigger, compared to Glock, or even the superb HK VP9 series, I find PPQ to be superior to both. It's such an even trigger pull through the entire length of travel, it aids getting the first round in the bulls-eye.

Walther has the "buy and return if you don't like" promo on their website, may want to look at that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would highly suggest shooting the PPQ. I just picked up an M1 9mm and let me tell you...it’s the best trigger, softest shooting and most comfortable polymer pistol I own now.

This ^^^ Agree 100%.

I have been a Glock guy for years and own 6 Glock 19s. I am now seriously contemplating replacing 4 or 5 of them with PPQs. Not kidding...

I have the PPQ M2 9mm and the Glock 19, generation 5. I like the Glock - I love the Walther, due in large part to the amazing trigger and the perfectly formed grip.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well either a seller screwed up their listing, or they don't realize what they have but I managed to find a Q4 Tac Classic for $535. Only $35 more than I found the Navy so I think I'll have to get the Q4!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I actually prefer the M1 style, but I can't find a definitive answer as to whether the m1 and m2 will work interchangeably when it comes to holsters. I plan on carrying whatever gun I get
Will be working with OWB CLASSIC TECH BLADE holster. But it’s listed as M2 holster.

·
Registered
233 Posts
About to pick up a Navy. My intentions is to have a gunsmith cut the barrel to 106MM. Barrel length for handguns must be greater than 105mm. Once cut I can use it to play IDPA CCP Division. I have a PPQ m2 5" and a PPQ M2 Match. I assume the M2 Navy will fit in a Kydex holster meant for the MAtch. If somebody here knows I would appreciate confirmation.

Take Care

Bob

·
Registered
65 Posts
IDPA CCP

I don't know squat about this, but occurs to e before doing any cutting, go ahead and simulate IDPA CCP match, you may find it works better than expected and does not need any cutting.
Cheers!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I don't know squat about this, but occurs to e before doing any cutting, go ahead and simulate IDPA CCP match, you may find it works better than expected and does not need any cutting.
Cheers!

The barrel is to long for the Division that is the only reason for cutting the barrel. Maximum legal barrel length for the Division is 4.25". To be legal in Canada the barrel has to be greater than 105MM which is about 4.2"

If I want to play with a Walther in CCP Division that is legal up here in Canada I have to buy a Navy and cut the barrel back. If Walther wanted to play in this Division in Canada they would make a gun with a barrel >105MM and =<4.25".

FYI Glock makes a "Canadian" Edition of their Glock 19 and both Ruger (GP-100) and S&W (686) make 4.2" barreled guns for the Canadian market for IDPA Revolver Divisions. All three handguns sell well up here.

It maybe an interesting work around. The company that really is missing the boat with sales is S&W. All they have to do is put their 4.25" slide/barrel from the M&P FS onto their Compact frame and instantly they would have a competitor to the Glock 19 up here and a CCP legal gun for both the US and Canadian market.

Take Care

Bob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts