Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I own a ppq first edition with the threaded barrel.

I was thinking about buying the navy m2 edition so that I can get the matching supressor.

Will the navy edition of the m2 come with both the threaded barrel and the regular barrel?

I was wondering if the supressor on the m2 edition will work with my ppq first edition.

I was also wondering if the walther supressor will work with all 9mm guns on the market. I do not know much about supressors so I am wondering if all the threaded barrels are the same for all 9mm guns.

Another question I have is the walther 9mm supressor any good? Or would it be better to just by an aftermarket supressor?

And another quesiton, can I buy the walther supressor by itself? If so where?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I can only answer a couple of those questions.

In order to use the suppressor on other guns, they need to have the same thread pattern. There are several commonly used thread patterns out there.

Odds are that the PPQ Navy uses the same barrel as the PPQ FE, so you should be able to share the suppressor between them. But nobody I know has tried it. You can ask TANFOGLIO on this forum, as he has the Navy.

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
Can the Walther suppressor even be imported? Laws on stuff like this are a nightmare. But I thought that the Walther cans weren't allowed into the country.
If you go through the process of getting a suppressor you can often get thread adapters so that the can is able to be used on various weapons...
My Navy Q will be my EDC so no can there, thank you very much, but if I want to shoot it suppressed I will just swap out to my FE threaded barrel or if it has the threaded barrel, I'll put my Jarvis unthreaded barrel on there.
I'm using the jarvis right now for ease in EDC.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'd bet money that yes, the Navy model will feature an identical barrel to the First Edition - there is absolutely no logical reason that they'd machine two different barrels for the same gun/purpose.

I also do NOT believe the Navy model in the US will ship with two barrels.

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
Two barrels would really make the price go over the top. I checked the Walther web site just now and the M2 Navy PPQ has a threaded barrel,4.6 inch length, but no indication that it also has an unthreaded barrel.

A quick update on suppressors, it is not legal at this time to import suppressors, so you will need an American model. I have also heard the Walther can isn't all that good.

I was at my LGS today fondling my osprey suppressor while I wait until the tax stamp comes through. The osprey is nice because the tax stamp is on the outer sleeve and if it needs repairs you can get them done without a need for a new tax stamp (and the attendant 6 month wait).

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
Six months from now we all expect to see some pics on of that can on a Q!!!;)
Are you kidding??? This is me your talking about, not only will you get images but a lengthy and detailed report concerning accuracy, decibel levels, wet can firing and dry can firing, ease of cleaning, differences between sub sonic and sonic rounds...

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
Well I thought with the PPQ Navy that it came with two barrels and the walther silencer. That was based on the pictures of one of the first guns in the USA.

Walther?s PPQ Navy | FOG HORN
That was never imported into the good ol USofA. If you look at the contact info it is the Walther Headquarters in Ulm.

I'd go for that set too (even with the underachieving Walther can).
I'll contact my buddies at Ulm and see if they will tell me what is shipped with the M2 Navy.
I'll post a reply here.

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
UPDATE:
I sent this message to Walther:

I am planning on purchasing a PPQ Navy as soon as they are available. The original Navy Q model offered in Europe had 2 barrels, a suppressor as well as the 15 and 17 round magazines, backstraps and loader.
I know the suppressor can not be included but besides the threaded barrel, backstraps, 15/17round magazines and loader is there anything else of interest included?

I've had good luck in getting fast replies you I'll post as soon as I hear.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Walther make a threaded P99 barrel back in the day that had a different thread pattern? I believe it was a metric pattern with left hand twist?

Anyway, my point is IIRC there used to be a different thread available.

I wonder if Walther Arms USA could import the silencer parts and then assemble them at the factory in Arkansas to sell here in the US?

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
I wonder if Walther Arms USA could import the silencer parts and then assemble them at the factory in Arkansas to sell here in the US?[/QUOTE

I think the code reads manufactured in USA so that might be an option but after tax stamp and everything I'm thinking it would be cost prohibitive...$1500-$2000.
Besides (and this isn't jingoism) USA made suppressors are the best and most innovative products on the market. Why pay more for a poorer quality product.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Walther make a threaded P99 barrel back in the day that had a different thread pattern? I believe it was a metric pattern with left hand twist?
Yes:

Walther P99 Threaded Barrel History

The original barrels came with a M12x1 LEFT HAND thread (M=Metric, 12=12mm diameter, 1=pitch is 1mm in one turn) or 1x24 Inch
There apparently were also some M12.5x1 Left Hand threaded barrels made also.
The current barrel has a M13.5x1 LEFT HAND threads (UP TO AA-AC Date Code)
The current barrel needed a different thread because WALTHER decided to use a Brügger & Thomet suppressor.
If I'm not mistaken, the "Walther" suppressor is a B&T Impuls II suppressor with a Walther banner on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts