Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Canadian and can only buy a PPQ 9mm with a barrel length of 4.17 inches or longer for it to be legal in Canada. The PPQ Navy 9mm qualifies since it has a 4.6 inches barrel, but I would like to have the Threaded portion of the barrel removed. (suppressors are not permitted in Canada and I have no use for it) My question is: How much barrel length will remain if I remove the threaded portion? Is there at least 4.17 inches or 106 mm left? Can someone please measure your barrel for me? Your help is really appreciated. I've been trying to get this info for some time now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you cut it right at the part where the threads end, you might just get by. But that would mean you have a small amount of barrel sticking out from the slide. May not look too good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PPQ Navy Barrel Question

If the barrel is properly cut and crowned I believe it will look fine. Do you happen to have the Navy? If so I would really appreciate the actual measurement regarding the remaining length of barrel after the threading is removed.

·
Premium Member
8,685 Posts
I took out my caliper and I measured 4.08 to the thread throat. I think your going to have to have a bit the the threads left on the barrel but as you are going to ruin the barrel anyway, why not grind the threads down and reblue the barrel?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Barrel Length

Thanks for the measurement. I'm not sure that it could be done. I'll ask a gunsmith about that. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the more compact size of the Standard PPQ but as you have suggested after trying to find an easy way to reduce the barrel, it seems more complicated than is practical. So you are absolutely correct. The 5" Walther PPQ is what I will most probably end up with. Thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
I like the more compact size of the Standard PPQ but as you have suggested after trying to find an easy way to reduce the barrel, it seems more complicated than is practical. So you are absolutely correct. The 5" Walther PPQ is what I will most probably end up with. Thanks
If you plan on this being a carry gun I think you will find that the longer barrel has very little impact on concealment. The length of the grip is more critical. People have carried the Colt 1911 for years.

I hope you have good luck finding a 5" PPQ, I don't know how Canada handles online gun purchases but Bud's has the 5" PPQ M2 in stock for $644.

Walther Arms

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.