Walther Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I really like my PPQ but have held back shooting it for IDPA because of the pathetic lack of parts availability. Walther has needed to have a US site for years. Although there is a fair population of P99s out there, the PPQ is barely known compared to the other combat-styled handguns overall. Below is a list of the top 10 manufacturers used in IDPA. Walther doesn't even make the list. Not a reflection of its quality, but definitely a lack of marketing, parts and support. Although this list is 2008 (don't have a updated list yet), one would have hoped that P99s would have contributed to at least a showing on the list.

Rank
Manufacturer Competitors
1st Glock ......................102
2nd
Smith & Wesson ........68
3rd
Springfield ................30
4th
Kimber ..................... 23
5th
STI ...........................18
6th
Sig Sauer ..................12
7th
Wilson Combat .......... 10
8th
Colt ...........................7
9th
Beretta ...................... 5
10th=
Caspian ................. 4
10th=
Rock River ............. 4

·
Registered
5 Posts
My PPQ is currently in the 10 day jail. I haven't had a chance to shoot it but I did have a chance to handle it. After everything I've read and seen on Youtube, I think it might be the most underrated gun on the market today.

Two weeks ago I took a 2 day hand gun class with the great Larry Vickers. He used a PPQ during the class. If you don't know who Larry Vickers is he was former Delta Force.

I became aware of the gun after taking the class. If it's good enough for a guy who is a consultant to the firearms industry and helped develop the HK45 and can shoot pretty much anything he wants. The fact that he shoots a PPQ says a lot. Can't wait to shoot mine.

So how was the class and did Mr Vickers have anything specific to say about the PPQ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Great Class. Mr. Vickers didn't have anything specific to say about the PPQ. Just think about it. This is a guy that can shoot anything and he's shooting an PPQ.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm a reasonably new PPQ M2 Q5 Match owner (love the 9mm). I like it so much, I would want to pick up a Walther PPQ M2 22LR (4" barrel of 5" barrel). I can't find one anywhere - Anyone have a recommendation where I can find one? Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm a reasonably new PPQ M2 Q5 Match owner (love the 9mm). I like it so much, I would want to pick up a Walther PPQ M2 22LR (4" barrel of 5" barrel). I can't find one anywhere - Anyone have a recommendation where I can find one? Thanks!
You woke up an 8 year old thread for this? :) Good Luck.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts