Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any rumors of Walther adding a PPQ to the lineup to compete with the Sig P365 or the Springfield Hellcat? I’m going to add a micro compact to my holdings, but would wait if a Walther offering were in the works.
Thanks

·
Registered
465 Posts
I believe Walther was the innovator w/the PPS as the first micro compact (polymer/striker) in 2007. That said, one could only hope they find (innovate) a way to either redesign or find a way to crame 10-12 rds into it's form factor.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I will be very surprised if thy do not market a micro that competes with the larger capacity micros now available. The question in my mind is when? I have not seen anything from Walther that touches on the subject.

·
Premium Member
8,669 Posts
I hope not.
While the Q SC might be a nice compromise in size, it has a "fussy" design unlike the way they built the P99c which was basically a cut down P99.

I'd hate to think what they'd do to build a Micro Q.

Reactions: Wolfierules907

·
Registered
38 Posts
I’ve had a few compacts and micros and.... the P99c is my FAVORITE shooter!!! I just wish they’d shrink it down to 365 size!!! The 99c trigger is the BEST BY FAR!!! Also hasn’t failed in over 2000+ rounds! Honestly though the 365 conceals so much easier. My PPS M2 is AMAZING too just doesn’t have the capacity. Fingers crossed...

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I’ve had a few compacts and micros and.... the P99c is my FAVORITE shooter!!! I just wish they’d shrink it down to 365 size!!! The 99c trigger is the BEST BY FAR!!! Also hasn’t failed in over 2000+ rounds! Honestly though the 365 conceals so much easier. My PPS M2 is AMAZING too just doesn’t have the capacity. Fingers crossed...
Yeah, I'd love to see that AS trigger on a small Walther carry gun. It would unique in the market. A differentiator.

There are those that just prefer a DA/SA type system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah the PPS M3 has been rumored for a while. They almost have enough room to make the PPS M2 that “1 1/2 stack” needed to accommodate at least 10+1 but they need to hollow out the grip a little to do it. I assume they’re waiting to see if Springfield and Sig have the formula figured out with the polymer strength needed for a grip that thin.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Yeah the PPS M3 has been rumored for a while. They almost have enough room to make the PPS M2 that “1 1/2 stack” needed to accommodate at least 10+1 but they need to hollow out the grip a little to do it. I assume they’re waiting to see if Springfield and Sig have the formula figured out with the polymer strength needed for a grip that thin.
An M3 version would be interesting. At least it would offer something different in the marketplace.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That would be great. I'm eyeing the Sig P365 XL as a summer carry but the thing is tighter than a virgin on prom night. Very much like a 1911 in that way. Great for accuracy but finicky in terms of reliability.

In comparison, never had a single issue with my PPQ Navy, which is my normal carry. That thing has eat every type and brand of round I've put through it without a single failure.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I assume they’re waiting to see if Springfield and Sig have the formula figured out with the polymer strength needed for a grip that thin.
I have a P365 with a lot of ammo downrange, including +P and so far so good. Not one malfunction and very accurate.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This sounds awesome.

·
Registered
14 Posts
[/quote]
This sounds awesome.[/QUOTE]

Doesn’t it? Alter/replace the follower on the PPS and it’s already 7, 8, 9+1, I know it’s not just as simple as hollowing out the grip and widening the magazine, there’s a lot of math to get right, but I think the PPS is the platform to do it on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This sounds awesome.[/QUOTE]

Doesn’t it? Alter/replace the follower on the PPS and it’s already 7, 8, 9+1, I know it’s not just as simple as hollowing out the grip and widening the magazine, there’s a lot of math to get right, but I think the PPS is the platform to do it on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I would expect it to be from the PPS line rather than the PPQ line. The PPQ line put out a great competitor to the G26 and IMO out did it greatly, especially since nobody really liked the G26 anyways. Im sure they can come up with something like the magguts system and pair ti with what you were saying about hollowing out the magwell a bit and widening the mag. In order to keep the grip strong enought they may consider reinforcing it with thin sheet metal strips.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Not a fan of the 365. Too many problems with the firing pin and other issues. First requirement of any weapon is that it be reliable. Tried two of them at the range and neither was a good shooter for me. My daughter likes smaller pistols (hand size) and hated the 365. Yes, on paper is sounds great but I think the hype and "enthusiasm" are outpacing reality with it. If I need to go smaller its either the PPS or P99c for me. YMMV.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Yes, on paper is sounds great but I think the hype and "enthusiasm" are outpacing reality with it.
:p

SIG SAUER is proud to announce that the P365 has been selected by the NRA’s Shooting Illustrated Magazine as their Golden Bullseye winner for 2019 Handgun of the Year. This award, along with all of the recent awards and accolades including: Guns and Ammo Magazine’s 2018 Handgun of the Year; the Industry Choice Award for Handgun of the Year; 2018 Ballistic Magazine’s Editor’s Choice for Compact Semi-Automatic Pistols; and the NASGW-POMA Caliber Award for Best Overall Product

Yeah just a flash in the pan. Production numbers of over 600,000 pistols, it sounds like it's a pretty successful offering.

Hmm, who was number 1 again for 2018 and 2019? Yep, P365.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2020/1/15/5-best-selling-handguns-of-2019/
https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2019/7/17/top-selling-handguns-june-2019/
https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2018/7/10/top-selling-pistols-for-june-2018/

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not a fan of the 365. Too many problems with the firing pin and other issues. First requirement of any weapon is that it be reliable. Tried two of them at the range and neither was a good shooter for me. My daughter likes smaller pistols (hand size) and hated the 365. Yes, on paper is sounds great but I think the hype and "enthusiasm" are outpacing reality with it. If I need to go smaller its either the PPS or P99c for me. YMMV.
The 365 shoots way better than the 938, that’s for sure. I feel like I have more control over the PPS but that’s probably a comfort thing. I’m not knocking the p365, and considering it’s forcing all these manufacturers to come up with 10+1 sub compacts, I wouldn’t call it a flash in the pan either.

·
Registered
978 Posts
My P365 has been 100% malfunction free after many hundreds of rounds.
I did change out the grip to an XL frame and added a Hogue grip over it and it fits my hand like a glove. As for accuracy, the photo below tells it all. It's almost as good as my Q5 Match.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts