Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So correct me if I'm wrong, the ppq mags work in the sc, but they can be over inserted...? Is this due to the lack of the plastic sleeve the 15 rrnd sc mag 'wears' like a ring?

Could I 3D print that 'ring' and use the standard ppq mags......?

·
Registered
121 Posts
There are two things to keep in mind:

1. You have to use the sleeve or you will over-insert. I'm a dumb-ass and didn't even try a 15-round PPQ magazine with my SC. I've now returned my SC to Walther for repairs so can't try it at the moment.
  2. As far as I know and can tell, the SC magazines have a stronger spring in their magazines than regular PPQ magazines. You can tell a 15-round magazine is specifically for the SC because it's stamped "SC" at the bottom. The reason for this is that I've heard that the SC slide is lighter than a regular PPQ (because some internal slide parts are plastic vs metal) and cycles faster. So the magazine needs a stronger spring to feed in new rounds fast enough.

So basically, if a regular PPQ magazine fits into the SC with the sleeve, it may work. But you may experience cycling problems. (Haven't tried it myself, though I should have.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts