Walther Forums banner

PPQ magazine question

180K views 395 replies 134 participants last post by  PPS1980 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the P99 magazines are compatable with the PPQ. If it os a whole new magazine I'm not even considering one. On yhe other hand if the same magazine is used then that makes it more palatable.

#75 ·
I can confirm that confirmation! I bought three Baby Desert Eagle 9mm mags from Magnum Research's website for right around $31 each, and they work beautifully. My PPQ was happy as a clam and so was I. Not a single problem. I now have a total of 5 mags and I'll likely buy some more. Good stuff. Recommended.

#76 ·
I was at the indi gun show over the weekend. I spent the majority of the show fighting through the hordes to find mags for the PPQ. Finally, I came upon a table with MR mags, they worked, I looked at the price tag and said "You know, you're selling these for 10 dollars more than factory." They said "So?" I made a 100 dollar offer for all three, they declined, and I walked away. I feel as though they were trying to scalp me because they know it's a pain to find mags for it. Well, I think it's time to buy them off the web and be done with it.

#77 ·
Be patient. Two years ago you could not find a HK P30 mag to save your life. Now I can find new OEM P30 mags for $31 each shipped. As the PPQ numbers sold continue to soar and Walther imports more mags they will be easier to find and the price will drop too. Bill

#80 ·
It's a legit site, one of the millions of sites from TGScom. I've read mixed reviews about the company, but nothing horrible.

TGSCOM, Inc
1449 S. Broadway Street
Green Bay, WI 54304

#83 ·
I noticed problems with the .40 Mec Gear magazines not feeding properly. When I load a magazine with the slide locked back, and then use the slide release to move it forward, the round does not feed into the chamber properly and jams up. This did not happen with my factory Walther mags that the gun came up.

Anyone else having this issue?

#86 ·
I was using ball ammo. Again, it did not happen with the Walther factory mags, only with the Mec Gear mags.
Mec Gar makes ALL of the P99/PPQ magazines. With an empty magazine inserted, lock the slide back. Is the front lip of the magazine overlapping the feed ramp? If it is, that's an older style P99 or SW99 magazine that's not supposed to be used with the PPQ. You can file the front of the magazine down to match your original PPQ magazines, if you have the tools/skill, and it will be fine. If you're not comfortable with that, I'm sure you can find someone locally who can do it for you.

#90 ·
Just got three p99 mags from midway because I just picked up a new p99as. Ipicked up a PPQ 2 monthes ago, super gun.The mags are the same except for the base plates and followers. The mags from midway are the same except for the higher front lip,so I tryed them in the PPQ in a hand cycle, and no problem.So then I load up- four rounds shot them off the back deck,no problem.So whats the point in grinding them. They are at the same place in the loading ramp as the p99 as the ppq.

#91 ·
So whats the point in grinding them.
You mean besides Walther specifically stating not to use the taller magazines, that impact the feed ramp, in the PPQ?

#100 ·
G&R Tactical - Bad Service

Kind of lengthy and sounds like I’m whining but I thought the community would like to hear about my experience with G&R Tactical.

I heard they had factory mags for the PPQ so I ordered two, part #WAF76001 from the website. What actually came was not the factory mags as they said Smith & Wesson on the foot and the side, and had a white follower.

So naturally I emailed asking how I might go about returning these as they are not what I wanted. The reply I got was that these were the correct ones, that S&W is the importer for all Walther products (I know this) and that everything goes through them. If I didn’t believe him he told me to contact S&W or Walther and validate this.

This of course was not the issue; they just sent me the wrong ones. So I cordially replied that I would still like to return these as they are not the mags I thought I was ordering, didn’t even look the same as my originals that came with the PPQ, and I just wanted to know the procedure for doing so.

His reply and I am quoting word for word - “LOL, why? There is a 15% restock fee to do so and you do not get your shipping back and will have to pay to ship them to us.” “I would suggest calling up either Walther or S&W and verify what I am telling you so that you don’t allow your ignorance on mags to cost you money.”

He then goes on about how I should go to the official Walther site “for fun” and click on Walther USA – and again his words - “and where does it take you? Hint – Smith and Wesson.”

What ever happened to the customer is right?:confused: So again I try to explain to him they are not the same as the factory ones or the ones that came with my PPQ which say “Made in Italy” and he says maybe I got the wrong mags with my PPQ and “We take GREAT OFFENSE when someone tries to tell us that we are either not selling what we are advertising or a product is some how a fake. Neither option is EVER acceptable to us and will not allow it." He also said that mags are made in “all kinds of locations, generally speaking Walther mags are made by a company in Italy and “and FYI S&W DOES NOT make their own mags”. I never said they did, I only said there is a stamp on the ones I received that say S&W!

So follow along here. He knows nothing about me but assumes I know nothing about the Walther/S&W relationship, assumes I can’t use the internet, calls me ignorant, tells me “Hint” like I am clueless, and says I am accusing him of false advertising…I just want to return some wrong mags!!!
So to further the attack on this ignorant customer he says “just for me” he took a mag from his PPQ and a mag straight out of the box and took a picture of them side by side and sent the pictures to me (with a lot of ALL CAPS in his response.)

Of course they are the mags I wanted!

So I calmly type - “Wait a minute sir, I think we just have a BIG misunderstanding. The mags I received look nothing like the ones in your pictures! If they did I wouldn’t be complaining at all!

Finally he got the point I was trying to make and I got this response:
“Does the receipt in the box have your name on it or did you receive someone else’s mags? If the floor plates say “S&W” on them, then they are for the M&P and you just got the wrong mags. So if that is true, fill out this form: http://www.gandrtactical.com/return_form.html. Send them via USPS Priority mail flat rate box and we will cover the shipping cost and get you the correct mags.”

No apology for berating me or calling me ignorant, no “thanks for being patient” or “sorry for the inconvenience”. So I sent them off per his instructions. I sure hope he makes things right by sending me the right ones or refunding my money plus shipping.

Is this how to treat a first time order/customer?

#102 ·
Kind of lengthy and sounds like I’m whining but I thought the community would like to hear about my experience with G&R Tactical.

I heard they had factory mags for the PPQ so I ordered two, part #WAF76001 from the website. What actually came was not the factory mags as they said Smith & Wesson on the foot and the side, and had a white follower.

So naturally I emailed asking how I might go about returning these as they are not what I wanted. The reply I got was that these were the correct ones, that S&W is the importer for all Walther products (I know this) and that everything goes through them. If I didn’t believe him he told me to contact S&W or Walther and validate this.

This of course was not the issue; they just sent me the wrong ones. So I cordially replied that I would still like to return these as they are not the mags I thought I was ordering, didn’t even look the same as my originals that came with the PPQ, and I just wanted to know the procedure for doing so.

His reply and I am quoting word for word - “LOL, why? There is a 15% restock fee to do so and you do not get your shipping back and will have to pay to ship them to us.” “I would suggest calling up either Walther or S&W and verify what I am telling you so that you don’t allow your ignorance on mags to cost you money.”

He then goes on about how I should go to the official Walther site “for fun” and click on Walther USA – and again his words - “and where does it take you? Hint – Smith and Wesson.”

What ever happened to the customer is right?:confused: So again I try to explain to him they are not the same as the factory ones or the ones that came with my PPQ which say “Made in Italy” and he says maybe I got the wrong mags with my PPQ and “We take GREAT OFFENSE when someone tries to tell us that we are either not selling what we are advertising or a product is some how a fake. Neither option is EVER acceptable to us and will not allow it." He also said that mags are made in “all kinds of locations, generally speaking Walther mags are made by a company in Italy and “and FYI S&W DOES NOT make their own mags”. I never said they did, I only said there is a stamp on the ones I received that say S&W!

So follow along here. He knows nothing about me but assumes I know nothing about the Walther/S&W relationship, assumes I can’t use the internet, calls me ignorant, tells me “Hint” like I am clueless, and says I am accusing him of false advertising…I just want to return some wrong mags!!!
So to further the attack on this ignorant customer he says “just for me” he took a mag from his PPQ and a mag straight out of the box and took a picture of them side by side and sent the pictures to me (with a lot of ALL CAPS in his response.)

Of course they are the mags I wanted!

So I calmly type - “Wait a minute sir, I think we just have a BIG misunderstanding. The mags I received look nothing like the ones in your pictures! If they did I wouldn’t be complaining at all!

Finally he got the point I was trying to make and I got this response:
“Does the receipt in the box have your name on it or did you receive someone else’s mags? If the floor plates say “S&W” on them, then they are for the M&P and you just got the wrong mags. So if that is true, fill out this form: http://www.gandrtactical.com/return_form.html. Send them via USPS Priority mail flat rate box and we will cover the shipping cost and get you the correct mags.”

No apology for berating me or calling me ignorant, no “thanks for being patient” or “sorry for the inconvenience”. So I sent them off per his instructions. I sure hope he makes things right by sending me the right ones or refunding my money plus shipping.

Is this how to treat a first time order/customer?
I might pay a little more but I like seeing what I am buying. I have bought my Walther Mags from my local dealer.
And sure now I won't ever be dealing with G&R for anything.:rolleyes:

#104 ·
That is terrible. What web site did you order from?
I ordered directly from G&R and was dealing with them in the conversation.

As an update I emailed today to let them know I have the wrong ones in transit via USPS as per his instructions and asked if they could send out the correct ones while the wrong ones were shipping. I am trying to get them for an event on 2/9.

The answer was no.

#108 ·
Could it be that they are the same mags as what shipped with your PPQ but branded for distribution by S&W in the US ?

I was very close to ordering these mags but now I'm going to hold off until we have more info as to what they are.

No, the white follower was completely different, ammo windows were on the side, not back, front feed lip shaped differently etc...

They weren't even in the plastic package (which he showed me in one of his pictures) - they were shipped loose and the followers looked dirty.

I just plain got somebody else's order.

#110 ·
So these weren't even PPQ mags he sent you. I hope you get the right mags in exchange.

Any idea what gun those mags were for or if they were some random third party mags labelled for the PPQ ?

I sure hope the CDNN mags are legit.
I sent him pictures and he seemed to think they were for a M&P not a PPQ. Again they were sent loose, no packaging so weren't labeled as PPQ mags anywhere. Somebody within G&R just goofed and sent me the wrong mags.

#116 ·
I ordered 2 from Grant at G&R last week and they came in 4 days. They were in Walther factory packages.

I have ordered about 10 times from G&R and never had any issues. Grant can come off a little cocky at times , but I would not hesitate to order from them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.