Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to to make an AR platform 9mm compatible with ppq mags? There are plenty out there that are made for glocks and a few others but is it possible to make a lower that takes ppq mags?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Probably. But a 9mm AR works best when setup to use the original Colt magazines.
You're talking about a standard AR lower with an insert. There are numerous lowers these days specifically made to run Glock mags, and work very well.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'd like to find a solution for this as well. It would be nice if Walther made their own stripped AR9 lowers for PPQ mags. Can we start a petition or something? :giggle:

I was actually thinking about taking a P320 AR9 lower and modifying the latch to see if I could make the PPQ mags work. From what I understand, Glock mags are thicker and are angled different, but I think the P320 mags should be closer in size and angle.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is what I ended up doing instead lol. Works even better with the q5 sf. I totally forgot about this thread

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
This is what I ended up doing instead lol. Works even better with the q5 sf. I totally forgot about this thread

Where did you get this rig?? I was thinking of doing the MechTechSystems thing for a 1911, but I didn't want to strip it down and change what I had.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did you get this rig?? I was thinking of doing the MechTechSystems thing for a 1911, but I didn't want to strip it down and change what I had.
It's an imi kidon
I'm probably going to list it for sale soon cause I got a q5 sf and it's basically like a smg you don't have to shoulder lol. Another member was already talking about selling theirs too

Ppq carbine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts