Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just got a walther PPQ Navy SD and Im in love with it. But I do want to upgrade it down the to the red dot. I want to get a new slide to send in to get milled, but Im just not sure how much it will cost to get a new slide, and if all slides are compatible with the navy sd frame. And insights would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
13,816 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ben and congrats on the PPQ Navy SD. I hate to rain on your parade, but a new slide is gonna set you back more than 1/2 the cost of a complete pistol....waaaaay more than half the cost. I am not kidding.

As for as swapping complete slides and frames....yep, that'll work. Walther did make some changes to the PPQ starting with serial number FCA 0001. These pistols have a recontoured ejection port, as well as a little change to the barrel and a few other changes. Meaning you can't swap the various 'slide' parts with the older style slide. BUT you can swap complete slides with the other variation frames (I call em' new and old).

As for having your current slide milled to accept a red dot optic, yep, that's possible too. A quick search on this site will yield some links to gunsmiths that can perform this type of work.....and you'll run across some pictures too.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ben and congrats on the PPQ Navy SD. I hate to rain on your parade, but a new slide is gonna set you back more than 1/2 the cost of a complete pistol....waaaaay more than half the cost. I am not kidding.

As for as swapping complete slides and frames....yep, that'll work. Walther did make some changes to the PPQ starting with serial number FCA 0001. These pistols have a recontoured ejection port, as well as a little change to the barrel and a few other changes. Meaning you can't swap the various 'slide' parts with the older style slide. BUT you can swap complete slides with the other variation frames (I call em' new and old).

As for having your current slide milled to accept a red dot optic, yep, that's possible too. A quick search on this site will yield some links to gunsmiths that can perform this type of work.....and you'll run across some pictures too.
I was looking into getting a stripped Q4 Slide and moving everything over. my SN is FCG98xx...is my logic correct in assuming I have a "new" slide?

·
Registered
422 Posts
So, I heard back from Early. After talking with the "tech" at Walther who assured me that the slides between models (even complete) would NOT work and it would void my warranty (?), I wanted to know what the complete upper half would cost. Earl can get the whole upper, with threaded barrel and spring for $600. Not sure if that includes a rear sight or optic base(s) or not. I then asked what just the stripped slide would cost.

...$525. So, if you want to go this route, definitely get the complete upper, or spend the same money and just get a Q4 tac and swap them around. I probably will go that route and keep the now-stock M2 style gun in the safe as backup. Im pretty far into P99/PPQm1 mags, and really dont like button releases, but it looks like us paddle people are being left behind. Even HK just released a button VP9.

Just thought I would update in case anyone is following this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts