Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Impulse buy....just ordered this gun for $536 from local dealer. Did I do good? Also, on Walther website they show :sale ending 8/31/2018- what is that, and how do I get it?

anyway...I want another smaller carry gun....and if this has the PPQ trigger, it should be good.

any and all info appreciated (guess I should have asked before buying).

·
Registered
300 Posts

·
Administrator
3,398 Posts
You’ll love it. I agree with Clarkston the sights are less than optimum. I went with SpeedSights and am very satisfied.

Enjoy 😉
Somebody referred to the sights that come with the PPQsc as "dovetail protectors". I don't remember who but it was a great line.

It's safe to say most people will want to replace the sights with something better. I use Dawson Precision sights on mine and am very happy with them. That's a personal preference thing though. The people using the Speed Sights seem to like them.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
About PPQ M2 SC

1. No, I did not do well in my impulse buy....managed to get out of it this morning, and found one on Gun Buyer for $459

2. Does it shoot like my Q 4"....same sweet trigger & hopefully not so much like a little gun?

3. Can it be compared to Sig P365?

4. What are best holsters for this gun

·
In Memoriam
15,041 Posts
Pachmayr, Uncle Mikes, Tuff-1, etc.......... They all make grip sleeves of varying sizes. Actually, I use a Butler Creek grip sleeve. I use the same sleeve on ALL my Q's. I cut down a Butler Creek to fit my P99C. I like it.....others may not.

Here's Butler Creek sleeve on a P99C.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks a lot

Pachmayr, Uncle Mikes, Tuff-1, etc.......... They all make grip sleeves of varying sizes. Actually, I use a Butler Creek grip sleeve. I use the same sleeve on ALL my Q's. I cut down a Butler Creek to fit my P99C. I like it.....others may not.

Here's Butler Creek sleeve on a P99C.

Do you have a PPQ M2 SC....if so, how do you like it?

·
In Memoriam
15,041 Posts
I do not have a PPQ M2 SC. But I have handled and shot one. I had no complaints. It shot great and reminded me of shooting my P99C. The sleeve I use on my P99C should work on the SC as those two pistols are pretty much the same size.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love mine, have about 1000 rds through it now but just developed my first issue with it. Went to the range, set up at 15 yds, and started shooting. Every single shot was about 2 1/2” left of poa. Had a friend shoot it to make sure it wasn’t me, same result. Seems as if the factory rear sight shifted throwing off the aim, not sure how it happened as it doesn’t get banged around much and spends its time in a holster but it happened. New sights were on the horizon anyways, but surprised me that it doesn’t seem like the sight was locked down tight. Overall I love it, but just be sure to check your sight isn’t loosening up over time.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Let’s see if I can answer your questions.

Holster - Any holster made for the PPQ will work for the SC unless you have a laser or light attached. I have a Crimson Trace CMR 206 green laser on my SC and my OWB holster is the pancake holster from DME Holster http://dmeholsters.com they were the only one at the time that made a holster for the Walther PPQ M2 SC with a Crimson Trace CMR 206 laser. The holster is excellent and very well made.

Sights - As I mentioned before I installed SpeedSights night sights on my SC. Orange front white rear. I actually believe they improved the accuracy of the gun.

Grip sleeve - I used a Pachmayr grip sleeve for the Glock 42/43 installed using hairspray to aid in to aid in retention. I just like the look of the sleeve.

I have never shot a SIG P365. I was shopping for one but there were too many issues at the time. I have basically trimmed my pistol collection down to SIGs and Walther so I don’t have anything against SIGs in general. My winter carry gun is a SIG M11 A1 though the PPQ SC may replace that as well.

Finally I no longer shoot in competition so I don’t own a Q4 but I can say the SC retains all of the good characteristics of the PPQ in a more easily concealed package. Out to 25 yards it has all of the accuracy with a lighter perceived recoil. I do not have large hands so the shorter grip with the finger extension is a perfect fit.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Grip sleeve

Do you have a PPQ M2 SC....if so, how do you like it?

I have Uncle Mike's (which came as Butler Creek last time) on both of my 4" and 5" PPQ, and like it very much.
On the PPQ SC, I guess will have to cut to fit the grip with no mag in it-ordered size large as for other ppq's. Am getting LE version of SC-3 mags...one "regular", one extended mag, and one with extension allowing you to get all 3 fingers on grip- will the slip on grip "work ok", as it seems to me that it will not cover the whole grip - especially with extended mag.

Maybe I am confused.....Help & thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Holster

Let’s see if I can answer your questions.

Holster - Any holster made for the PPQ will work for the SC unless you have a laser or light attached. I have a Crimson Trace CMR 206 green laser on my SC and my OWB holster is the pancake holster from DME Holster http://dmeholsters.com they were the only one at the time that made a holster for the Walther PPQ M2 SC with a Crimson Trace CMR 206 laser. The holster is excellent and very well made.

Sights - As I mentioned before I installed SpeedSights night sights on my SC. Orange front white rear. I actually believe they improved the accuracy of the gun.

Grip sleeve - I used a Pachmayr grip sleeve for the Glock 42/43 installed using hairspray to aid in to aid in retention. I just like the look of the sleeve.

I have never shot a SIG P365. I was shopping for one but there were too many issues at the time. I have basically trimmed my pistol collection down to SIGs and Walther so I don’t have anything against SIGs in general. My winter carry gun is a SIG M11 A1 though the PPQ SC may replace that as well.

Finally I no longer shoot in competition so I don’t own a Q4 but I can say the SC retains all of the good characteristics of the PPQ in a more easily concealed package. Out to 25 yards it has all of the accuracy with a lighter perceived recoil. I do not have large hands so the shorter grip with the finger extension is a perfect fit.

Are you saying kydex holster made for my PPQ 4" will fit the PPQ SC?

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
It will fit fairly well, dependent on manufacturer, but the retention could be less than optimum. On my PPS holster, (ebay cheapy, go with name brand, best advice), the thing was loose, I ended up with an ETW AIWB that can actually be worn pretty much anywhere. When it comes to my PPQ and P99c, they ride in a Theis or not at all. I need to order a PPS rig from Tommy, too, and if my stars 'n planets stay aligned, a PPQc as well.

I handled one a couple of weeks ago and I loved that trigger. Their price was a little too high, and I've got a rifle that I'm thinking of selling (though I don't want to) and getting at least another Walther pistol. Kinda want a P5 but I won't get that kind of $ for my rifle...

Maybe the new PPQc and a PPX/Creed.

Anyway, I'll quit derailing the topic here and simply say to check out TheisHolsters.com to see if Tommy has a PPQsc rig yet. I'd say he does, the man is excellent in product and delivery. He's also got a presence here and is a supported vendor as well. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Are you saying kydex holster made for my PPQ 4" will fit the PPQ SC?
Yes, the SC is 1/2” shorter in length overall but from the back strap to forward it is identical it’s big brothers. So, if you put an SC in a PPQ holster the end of the barrel will be 1/2” short of the bottom of the full size PPQ holster. In fact When I want to carry IWB I use a Cross Breed holster for the PPQ M1.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Butler Creek size

I do not have a PPQ M2 SC. But I have handled and shot one. I had no complaints. It shot great and reminded me of shooting my P99C. The sleeve I use on my P99C should work on the SC as those two pistols are pretty much the same size.

Is the size of Butler Creek slip on size large....as it is for larger Q's?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sleeve worked

the large Butler Creek worked....did have to cut it off as you said.

Haven't shot it yet, but it really feels good. I believe the middle size mag ( I got the LE model) which has place to place pinky and still should carry well. the larger mag feels good, but would print, and the small one is too small-don't want to shoot with only 2 fingers on grip

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.