Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, and I am looking to replace my phosphor sights on my PPQ M2 SC with tritium or night sights. I have read on this forum many of the PPQ M2 sights will not fit the SC and to use PPS M2 sights instead. I don't want to purchase the wrong sights since the average around $75.

What sights work well on the PPQ M2 SC?

·
Registered
19 Posts
New to the forum, and I am looking to replace my phosphor sights on my PPQ M2 SC with tritium or night sights. I have read on this forum many of the PPQ M2 sights will not fit the SC and to use PPS M2 sights instead. I don't want to purchase the wrong sights since the average around $75.

What sights work well on the PPQ M2 SC?
I've got the Trijicon Bright and Tough for the PPS installed on my SC. Works great.

Amazon item B00IUB0PCY

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got the Trijicon Bright and Tough for the PPS installed on my SC. Works great.

Amazon item B00IUB0PCY

Thanks for the information. it seems like the PPS sights are the way to go. I have a PPS that I replaced the sights on, so it shouldn't be a challenge. I have been looking at Amazon item B07819Q8LX.

Did the sights change the sight picture at all? Seems like there were a lot of complaints about that with the PPQ...

·
Registered
19 Posts

Amazon item B00IUB0PCY

Thanks for the information. it seems like the PPS sights are the way to go. I have a PPS that I replaced the sights on, so it shouldn't be a challenge. I have been looking at Amazon item B07819Q8LX.

Did the sights change the sight picture at all? Seems like there were a lot of complaints about that with the PPQ...
No. Not at all. POA = POI

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Amazon item B00IUB0PCY
I just received the sights you mentioned and there is no clam spring under the rear sight like the one under my factory sights. The new sight just slides in with no pressure and is held in place with a set screw. See photos below...

Is this typical for the trijicon sights? I would think this sight would drift around only using the small set screw with Loctite after firing a few rounds.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
The new sight just slides in with no pressure and is held in place with a set screw. See photos below...

Is this typical for the trijicon sights? I would think this sight would drift around only using the small set screw with Loctite after firing a few rounds.
Mine had to be tapped in. The rear sight was tight enough that, without the set screw, it had to be lightly tapped to drift it (once it was pushed half way into the dovetail). Once the set screw was set it hasn't moved at all even after being dropped and having the rear sight and slide ride up against metal chairs, benches etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine had to be tapped in. The rear sight was tight enough that, without the set screw, it had to be lightly tapped to drift it (once it was pushed half way into the dovetail). Once the set screw was set it hasn't moved at all even after being dropped and having the rear sight and slide ride up against metal chairs, benches etc.
Thanks for the input. I sent a email to Trijicon to verify the sights are a fit for the PPQ M2 SC. I want to verify the design before I use Loctite and cant return them. This is going to be a duty pistol, and I can have the sights moving around on me.

I purchased Mepro sights from my PPS a few years ago, and they had the clamshell spring like the factory sights, which is why I an suspect of this method of securing the rear sight.

Did the rear notch on your pistol resemble mine? It looks like there is a notch for the windage screw, but everything I have read said the standard PPQ sights wont work...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Received the following response from Trijicon.

"Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, everything your experiencing is normal. The rear sight is not very tight, and the set screw bears the responsibility to hold the sight in place. It is not uncommon to hear of customers applying Loctite to the rear to ensure a better hold, however, that does mean you have to do that."

I guess I will go ahead and fix the sights with Loctite...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did the rear notch on your pistol resemble mine? It looks like there is a notch for the windage screw, but everything I have read said the standard PPQ sights wont work...
I honestly do not remember but yes, that is what the standard PPQ slide looks like. What I can say is that, unlike their response, my sight had to be gently tapped in once half-way. You will love it once you shoot it with the new sights.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just learned a $120 lesson in buying a set of PPS XS F8 sights for a PPQ SC. They are a lot larger than the stock set.
Did I fail to get the M2 version? I just saw PPS, and bought them from what I read.
Some say PPS fit PPQ SC. Some say that they don't fit the SC.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Weird.
Is three a M1 and M2 version of the SC PPQ?
The new SC pistol, which I have, has an adjustable rear sight. The new XS F8 sight set that I just bought from Optics Planet has a solid block rear sight. There is no channel for the adjustment screw, and it is physically larger than the slot in the slide.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The F8 sights are not adjustable, but should fit the dovetail. Two set screws and lock tight secure the sight. Are you saying the rear sight will not fit into the dovetail? The M2 has the push button mag release. I don’t believe Walther has any other version of the PPQ SC.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No kidding? Thank you.
I will take a closer look at this PPQ SC and the F8 sights. I like the similar sight picture to the Heinie Straight-8.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have you removed the existing rear sight yet? You will need to use a sight pusher or carefully tap it out. I like these sights a lot on both the PPS and the SC.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts