Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the process of buying a new PPQ m2 SC. I’m really excited to get it. I want to get some good night sights for it. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions/input? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
I joined this forum to ask this exact question. I’m getting a ton of conflicting info on this subject. I’ve read that the full size PPQ sights are different from the SC. I also read that the PPS night sights could fit on the SC but others said not so fast.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I believe the fixed sights for PPS pistols should work. It sounds to me that the adjustable sights for P99/PPQ pistols were the ones incompatible.

I would suggest buying PPS sights from a retailer with an appropriate return policy and if they don't fit, return. Be sure to report your findings as this still seems to be a murky topic.

·
Premium Member
13,808 Posts
Okay, lets see if this clears things up.

The PPQ M1/M2/4"/5" as well as the P99/P99C, PPS M1 and the PPQ SC all use the same dovetail dimensions.

The difference is the method in which the sight is held in place and/or the method of windage adjustment.

The PPQ fullsize, P99, P99C use a spring and plunger system, where the spring and plunger are embedded in the bottom right side of the dovetail. The sight has a 'square headed' windage screw. The head of the screw is captured by the 'ears' on top of the plunger to hold the sight in place. Windage adjustments can be made by rotating the head of the screw a quarter turn.

The PPQ SC uses a different retention/adjustment system, consisting of a 'round headed' screw. There's a slot machined in the bottom, right hand side of the dovetail. The head of the windage screw is captured in this machined slot. Windage adjustments are made by turning the windage screw clockwise or counter clockwise.

Having said all that, keep in mind the dovetail dimensions are the same between all these pistols. Therefore the PPS type sights, which are 'drift adjustable'.....meaning you've got to use a sight pusher or hammer and drift to install will fit any of these pistols, including the PPQ SC.

·
Registered
248 Posts
S

Okay, lets see if this clears things up.

The PPQ fullsize, P99, P99C use a spring and plunger system, where the spring and plunger are embedded in the bottom right side of the dovetail. The sight
Having said all that, keep in mind the dovetail dimensions are the same between all these pistols. Therefore the PPS type sights, which are 'drift adjustable'.....meaning you've got to use a sight pusher or hammer and drift to install will fit any of these pistols, including the PPQ SC.
The PPQ SC LE version uses metal sights and the rear sight has to be adjusted with the sight pusher. There is no screw on the LE version's rear sights. There are two different versions of the PPQ SC. The regular or original and the Law Enforcement (LE) version. I had the latter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts