Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently, I saw the ad for a threaded barrel kit for PPQ M2's offered by Walther. It comes with a spring. Apparently, Walther now realizes that different springs are needed depending upon whether the firearm is used with a suppressor. I wrote to Walther telling them that I received no extra spring when I purchased my Navy, and it was confirmed that a different spring ought to be used depending upon the presence of a suppressor. But guess what? Walther does not offer the spring for the Navy as an accessory. So my question is: When is Walther going to contact all purchasers of the Navy model and send them, at no cost, the additional spring???:confused:

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Who, exactly, are you expecting to answer that question on this forum?

However, it seems to me that you had the right idea initially. Just note the last line here:

Walther Arms Inc.
7700 Chad Colley Blvd.
Fort Smith, AR 72916
(479) 242-8500
[email protected]

Glen Seiter is head of Walther customer service.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I acquired my Navy several years ago. I am now told by Walther that I should have had two springs, one in the Navy and one in the case. There was no extra spring accompanying the Navy I purchased, nor anything in the manual of arms accompanying the firearm to indicate that a different spring was required if the firearm was to be used suppressed. Consequently, I was not put on notice that I should have received two springs until now when Walther began offering a suppressor kit for PPQM2 models and advertised the fact that a spring was being included because the original spring in the PPQM2 was not appropriate for suppressed fire.

To Walther's credit, I received an email today offering to send me the other spring. Thanks are due Walther.

·
Registered
60 Posts
There are, or were multiple threads(combined) on here addressing the issues with the initial Navy Models. They now come with the correct green spring.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hi, I purchased the PPQ threaded barrel kit over the weekend from Walther. I saw it came with the extra spring. Reading this topic, that green spring is only to be used with a suppressor I take it? In other words, if no can attached stick with the stock spring assembly (silver spring with blue tip)?
Thanks...I just bought the threaded barrel as it's polygonal rifled, half inch longer than stock and looks cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts