Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Ladies and Gentlemen. I'm new here. Thanks. I have M2 that has had feeding issues with several types of 9mm ammo ( all factory ) with both magazines, and yes I polished the feed ramp thanks. Can anyone provide feedback? I would appreciate it. Skidsteer.

·
Premium Member
13,869 Posts
Does the feeding issue occur during hand cycling or during live fire?

Just exactly what is or is not happening?

Pictures of the malfunctions would be very helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Feeding issue

During live firing, not cycling the slide. It will go into battery if I cycle. The cartridge position itself when it jams is slightly forward and ABOUT to go to battery.

·
Premium Member
13,869 Posts
So, you fire a round, the case is ejected, another round is stripped from the mag and shoved into the chamber but the slide is stopping about 1/8" from fully forward or in battery?

·
Premium Member
13,869 Posts
Limp wristing will result in the exact problem you're having.

The PPQ requires a firm grip...more importantly, firm wrist.

I'm assuming all the springs, including the RSA are stock/factory.

When the PPQ slide cycles and starts returning forward, at a point about 3/8" from fully forward the sear catches the striker (holding it) while the slide continues forward. This is where the momentum and RSA spring pressure are overpowering the striker spring to compress it/cock it. That forward momentum is affected by the way the gun is being held (firmly or loosely).

Go shoot the gun using a firmer grip/wrist.

Here's some reading for you. https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...hUKEwib8u7gievmAhVCU80KHTIJDWEQ4dUDCAg&uact=5

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Feeding issue

Thanks Oldfart I bet you are correct. Thanks for the advice and the link. Skidsteer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Feeding issue

If possible, I wish to continue this issue that was from 01/04/20. I was at the range today and my problem persists. Failure to Feed. When I have a failure to feed, the slide is completely locked back, and the cartridge that is about to go into battery is completely exposed. As I said before, I can cycle the slide once and that cartridge will go into battery and fire. This happened several times after firing 7 rounds of a 10 round mag, it will hold more of course. I tried loading mags to capacity, same issue. I have tried several brands of ammo, both mags, and I am not limp wristing. I just sent an email to Walther asking what my alternatives are. How would any of you rate Walther's customer service? Thanks in advance. Skidsteer.

·
Registered
697 Posts
...When I have a failure to feed, the slide is completely locked back, and the cartridge that is about to go into battery is completely exposed...
When it is in this condition, can you hit the slide release and have the gun go into battery? If you can, your thumb is hitting the slide lock and you need to find a new place for your thumb when you fire.

·
Registered
89 Posts
As the others above have said, sounds like you're bumping the slide lock. Easy to do with such a long lever. This happens with other handguns and is not specific to the PPQ.

·
Premium Member
13,869 Posts
You're describing 2 problems. Here's the first problem....in an effort to assist I described your issue in post #4, I said this:

So, you fire a round, the case is ejected, another round is stripped from the mag and shoved into the chamber but the slide is stopping about 1/8" from fully forward or in battery?

You said: That describes it.

That is not a feeding issue, its a 'failure to go into battery' issue. And, its probably caused by limp wristing. A firmer grip and stiffer/firmer wrist will fix this issue.

Now for problem 2. You're saying the slide is locking back during live fire when there are rounds in the magazine. That's a problem we've seem before and the cause is usually an improper grip, where (I'll assume you're right handed) the right hand thumb is laying on top of your left hand thumb/knuckle and the bad part is your right hand thumb is plastered against the frame. The fix is to move your right hand thumb an 1/8" or so, so it doesn't touch the frame/slide.

That' it.....2 different problems....both grip related.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts