Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several thousand rounds through my PPQ 9mm, the trigger has become very "gritty". I clean and lube after every shoot, and detail strip/clean the slide every 500 to 1000 rounds). I've read older posts, and all seem to focus on the striker safety plunger. I'm guessing this is not the cause in my pistol, because the trigger is still very gritty with the slide removed. However, when I apply slight pressure against the trigger bar (pushing it away from the frame), the take-up is glass smooth. Could this indicate a problem with either the trigger bar, or the adjustable trigger bar guide (I seem to remember reading that somewhere, a while back)? Any input would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

·
Registered
378 Posts
If it's not the safety plunger, try cleaning the frame then lubing the top of the trigger bar towards the rear where it slides under the frame (red arrow). There's a guide that slides against the trigger bar and you may have gotten shavings or other debris in there.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Per my manual, I always apply a drop of CLP right where the adjustable trigger bar guide rests against the receiver. I'm going to detail strip the frame and give everything a very close inspection/clean/lube. I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replacement spring?

Does anyone know where one can purchase replacement springs for the PPQ 9mm? Specifically, the firing pin (striker) safety spring ? Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts