Walther Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I am looking for a rubber grip for the PPQ. I don’t want to use a Talon adhesive. Those things are a pain in the ass to put on. I want something that it’s already pre-made that I can just attach to it. Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/GVN-Tactical-Rubber-Sleeve-Walther/dp/B078MYVV4N

But for the PPQ. I have not had any luck finding one. Does anyone here know where I can get one?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Old bicycle inner-tube...

Reactions: Caine

·
Registered
364 Posts
Guys I am looking for a rubber grip for the PPQ. I don’t want to use a Talon adhesive. Those things are a pain in the ass to put on. I want something that it’s already pre-made that I can just attach to it. Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/GVN-Tactical-Rubber-Sleeve-Walther/dp/B078MYVV4N

But for the PPQ. I have not had any luck finding one. Does anyone here know where I can get one?

Thanks
I know exactly what you want, and here is the link to it. It fits the PPQ perfectly! Another member on here, Old Fart, told me about it. I have this exact grip on two PPQs in 9mm, and they fit really nice. It is a tight fit going on, but that means once installed, it is not moving around or going anywhere. In thousands of rounds now, neither of my rubber grips on my PPQs have ever moved out of place. Order this grip and you will not regret it.

https://www.amazon.com/Uncle-Mikes-Pistol-Black-Large/dp/B000LC5WZK/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531606832&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Butler+creek+50543

*Edit: It looks like Old Fart himself beat me to it. LOL.

·
Registered
191 Posts
What size for 9mm m2 PPQ?

I know exactly what you want, and here is the link to it. It fits the PPQ perfectly! Another member on here, Old Fart, told me about it. I have this exact grip on two PPQs in 9mm, and they really nicely. It is a tight fit going on, but that means once installed, it is not moving around or going anywhere. In thousands of rounds now, neither of my rubber grips on my PPQs have ever moved out of place. Order this grip and you will not regret it.

https://www.amazon.com/Uncle-Mikes-Pistol-Black-Large/dp/B000LC5WZK/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531606832&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Butler+creek+50543

*Edit: It looks like Old Fart himself beat me to it. LOL.
The link shows large - is that correct size. And does it change the size of the grip....I just put small backstrap on my Q, and like it. thanks

·
Premium Member
13,802 Posts
Large is the correct size. It will make the grip an rch bigger....but the exquisitely skulpted finger grooves and the texture on the sides make the grip, 'just right'.

·
Registered
191 Posts
gettin grips on

Large is the correct size. It will make the grip an rch bigger....but the exquisitely skulpted finger grooves and the texture on the sides make the grip, 'just right'.

any tips on getting them on...someone once suggested windex to help. thanks, my friend

·
Premium Member
13,802 Posts
I install these on ALL my Q's, and I've got a few. I don't use windex or anything else.....I just do a little careful tugging and pulling....just a little here, a little there.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I install these on ALL my Q's, and I've got a few. I don't use windex or anything else.....I just do a little careful tugging and pulling....just a little here, a little there.

I installed mine the exact same way. Just some tugging and they go on. They really don't move around at all, and they are thin - unlike some of the other ones out there. That means it doesn't change the size of the grip - at least not as much as other versions do. Like Old Fart said, maybe just a tiny bit.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Though I don’t currently use them, may I also suggest Pachmahyr and Hogue. I believe Pachmahyr are a little thinner than most.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hogue Handall Tactical gives a nice purchase without the larger palm swells of the Handall Universal....work perfectly, have to be patient installing, a hairdryer and windex help a lot. Once on, it never moves on my 9s and 45s I've installed on.

·
Registered
156 Posts
For those having trouble keeping the grip from sliding, here’s a trick from putting grips on bicycle handles bars. Try using hair spray as a lubricant, when it dries it becomes a mild adhesive keeping the grip in place. It can be washed off with water when no longer needed.

·
Registered
364 Posts
For those having trouble keeping the grip from sliding, here’s a trick from putting grips on bicycle handles bars. Try using hair spray as a lubricant, when it dries it becomes a mild adhesive keeping the grip in place. It can be washed off with water when no longer needed.

I have read about this same trick from many others before. I am sure it works really well. But, I have found that with the Butler Creek rubber grip on a PPQ that it never moves out of place. I don't think one would need this hairspray trick with the Butler Creek grip on a PPQ. At least that has been my experience with two PPQs that are both sporting the Butler Creek rubber grip. Other brands of grips may need it though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts