Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
They fit and latch, but Walther Arkansas says:

"2796678 Isn’t compatible as it wouldn’t come with the correct spring (the SC needs a stronger spring) nor would it have the sleeve. We are working on making both of these available in the future hopefully. We are also working with Germany to make the mags more available in general."

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok , Thank you for the information about the difference of the magazines . I was looking to getting a compact pistol and not have to buy more mags.

·
Registered
160 Posts
They fit and latch, but Walther Arkansas says:

"2796678 Isn’t compatible as it wouldn’t come with the correct spring (the SC needs a stronger spring) nor would it have the sleeve. We are working on making both of these available in the future hopefully. We are also working with Germany to make the mags more available in general."
Great post Kar! Thanks for that!
Tho I gotta wonder how p99 or p99c mag springs would work. Those things are just outrageously long.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Before you blow off the PPQ SC the difference only effects the amount of pressure pushing on the rounds in the magazine. Unfortunately I have a PPQ M1 so I can’t say for sure but I’m reasonably certain that the PPQ M2 magazine will latch up in the SC. I think the only reason for the stronger mag spring is because of the stronger return spring. This would make the slide cycle faster. I can tell you that I have tried a SIG P228/229 magazine and it worked. In the future if Walther offers stronger mag springs and sleeves you should be able to convert your PPQ M2 mags for a lot less than the cost of new mags.

The PPQ SC is a great gun for CCW and a very capable shooter for a range gun. The trigger and accuracy in the right hands would compete with many of the guns being used in competitive shooting today. I’m just waiting for someone to try it.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I already said they fit and latch. And a weak spring would cause the gun to jam, i.e. fail to feed.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I’m looking for someone to try a PPQ M2 magazine in a PPQ SC to confirm that it will not feed properly. I would try it myself but I have an early PPQ M1. Next question would be why the heavier return spring. The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with the internal ejector. If the heavier encapsulated return spring is not necessary it would be much easier to get after market steel guide rod and single return springs. Personally I think the heavier magazine spring is needed because of the heavier return spring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts