Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,
I got this pistol brand new and am about 600-800 rounds in.
I stripped and cleaned my PPQ M2 as mentioned in title. After i did a function test and all seemed good, just noticed it was a bit harder to slide back the first time compared to prior the cleaning. It is quite notable.
Never had any cycling issues but few days after i took gun to the range and I noticed failure to extract started happening.

I have checked all spots for oiling and any debris and can't figure out the issue.

I hope i didnt break anything.

Any ideas?
Cable Electric blue Metal Electronic component Nickel

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the slide off, and holding the hammer so it doesn't strike the area of the receiver directly in front of it, pull the trigger and release the hammer. Then push it back with your finger. Does it feel unusually stiff?

Are you using lube (light synthetic grease for me) on the slide rails and underside of the slide where the hammer travels? Does the underside of the slide show any marks, scrapes, or galling?

The most common damage to a PPQ22 is from the hammer striking the receiver with the slide removed - so be sure to ease the hammer forward when releasing the trigger.

I like to use Hornady One-Shot to clean and lube the hard to reach internal areas of the trigger mechanism. It sprays like a cleaner, lubricates and protects against corrosion, and ends up like a dry lube.

Also check that the recoil spring is not binding or getting hung up.
Thank you kindly for all the tips and possible scenarios.

Fortunately so far I have never released the hammer with the slide removed. I actually did the hammer function test you mentioned, in the way as described. Function wise it seemed fine, and i was able to push it back with 1 finger although it was stiff yes. I did drop a bit of lube where i could see some moving parts.
This time around i used Hoppe's Elite for lubrication (it states to also be a cleaner and protectant).
I did lube all the areas you mentioned being careful to not have any excess (it actually globs up if you tilt it making it easy to see if it is too much).
I'll look into the Hornady One-shot.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not seeing any obvious problems in the photos.

With the slide installed, does it require too much force to cycle it? When the hammer is in the cocked position, it should not require significant force to move the slide. Does it feel like the hammer is dragging and causing too much resistance?

After you pull the trigger to release the hammer, using a snap cap or empty case in the chamber, there should be significantly more force required to cycle the slide.

Is that happening?
Does it feel like the hammer is dragging and causing too much resistance? --- Yes, wasnt like that before though, it was pretty smooth and easy

After you pull the trigger to release the hammer, using a snap cap or empty case in the chamber, there should be significantly more force required to cycle the slide.

Is that happening? -- Yes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts