Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked but couldn't find any specific recommendations on this. Any PPQ M2 5-inch 9mm owners out there? What holster recommendations (make and model) do you have that you liked...ESPECIALLY if you found one that can accommodate a Streamlight Taclight. I've gone through the various PPQ posts with holster recommendations and have started contacting companies like AlienGear, Longs, and Stealth Gear. Only heard back from AlienGear and no joy there. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have a few holsters from Garrett for IDPA, concealed carry, etc. OWB and IWB. You will have to ask about the light. They are kydex with a leather lining, smooth draw and quiet.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Couple of pictures of my Dara Action Sport holster with my 5" PPQ and Streamlight TLR-1. I went with the black leather texture and I think it looks great. Holster is suited more toward competition and not CCW, so take a look at their other offerings if you wanted it to conceal a little more. Also, I opted for a PPQ 4" "flush cut" muzzle instead of an actual 5" holster, because I may end up getting a Q4 Tac and running a compensator on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Bandit1...and for the great pics. I emailed Dara to ask about fit for a Streamlight TLR-2. Appreciate the info on the 4" flush cut muzzle option...great data point. I see Comp-Tac has an option on Amazon but not on their site so need to verify their item as well. Thanks again.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have a few holsters from Garrett for IDPA, concealed carry, etc. OWB and IWB. You will have to ask about the light. They are kydex with a leather lining, smooth draw and quiet.
I have a few Garrett holsters also, they are my go to for holsters. Unfortunately they have a very limited offering of holsters they make that will accommodate a light.

·
Registered
343 Posts
JM Custom Kydex. I use his 5" PPQ AIWB holsters to carry a P99. If he doesn't list the light as an option, I'd send him an email, he may well be able to make it happen.

Also, depending on what specific light you're using, there's the PHLster Floodlight (IWB or OWB) that fits any gun with either a TLR1 or an X300 attached.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to goforbroke2 and ErichBaumer for their suggestions. I will post a list letting the forum know what I found. I probably contacted a dozen or so holster manufacturers and fortunately have a few that have an option for me. Garrett is one of them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
PPQ Holster

I have a Comp-Tac International Holster Walther, PPQ 5", Right, Black
$64.99 for both my 4 inch and 5 inch Q5 Match. It has a drop offset and standard OWB setup option. It works great. Not real stealth for conceal carry but good and solid. Works great for competition.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks Lharken and PeterPPQ. I actually liked what I saw from Comp-Tac. I reached out to them several times and they confirmed that for my setup (Walther PPQ M2 5" + Streamlight TLR-2) they can't accommodate that. So I'm also researching taclights that will work for certain holsters I like from companies like Comp-Tac. Fortunately I found a few other companies that can create my setup, which is the way I'm leaning for the time being.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
You can check this guy out. I ordered one of his holsters. I have a PPQ M2 4" barrel with TLR8G tac light. I would contact him via email first with your specifics. That is what I did. He was very quick to respond.

https://www.huckleberrytactical.com/

Reactions: GoNavy

·
Premium Member
13,880 Posts
Just received my latest holster from DARA. This one is a 'Duty' holster, incorporating a thumb actuated, spring loaded, rotating hood for a Q5 without a light. However they do make light bearing holsters. They also offer regular IWB or OWB holsters, with or without a light.

I've got three of these, so far, and the only mod I've done (I seem to modify everything) is change out the belt hanger. I'm using a Safariland hanger, as it puts the holster/pistol a little closer to my body...not sticking out quite as much.

I did have to elongate the top two holes in the Safariland hanger to match up with the holster, then I had to drill a new hole in the hanger for the bottom screw. Also use the factory hole in the bottom of the hanger to put a stop to allow me to run the strap thru between the holster and the hanger. The biggie was doing some relief work on the hanger to make room for the hood mechanism. Did a lot of assembling and checking, oops need to take a little more off over here. Reassemble, check...oops, need to take a little more off over here.... etc. Finally gotter done....hangs nicely on the belt, and the gun is about as close to me as I can get it.

As usual, that's a Sig 20 round mag. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just received my latest holster from DARA. This one is a 'Duty' holster, incorporating a thumb actuated, spring loaded, rotating hood for a Q5 without a light. However they do make light bearing holsters. They also offer regular IWB or OWB holsters, with or without a light.

I've got three of these, so far, and the only mod I've done (I seem to modify everything) is change out the belt hanger. I'm using a Safariland hanger, as it puts the holster/pistol a little closer to my body...not sticking out quite as much.

I did have to elongate the top two holes in the Safariland hanger to match up with the holster, then I had to drill a new hole in the hanger for the bottom screw. Also use the factory hole in the bottom of the hanger to put a stop to allow me to run the strap thru between the holster and the hanger. The biggie was doing some relief work on the hanger to make room for the hood mechanism. Did a lot of assembling and checking, oops need to take a little more off over here. Reassemble, check...oops, need to take a little more off over here.... etc. Finally gotter done....hangs nicely on the belt, and the gun is about as close to me as I can get it.

As usual, that's a Sig 20 round mag. :D

That's great work! Thanks for sharing those pics! It's good to know what kind of mods can be made. I contacted Dara and the limiting factor is the desired light I wanted. The taclight manufacturers (e.g. Streamlight, Viridian) have been great in giving me some recommendations on holster manufacturers so I've reached out to all of them. I do plan on posting the companies that can customize a holster based on my specs...they've all been great and responsive so far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
After contacting about 1.5 dozen holster vendors (if not 2 dozen), I short-listed Red River Tactical, Cleveland Kydex Co, Contact Concealment, Detroit Holsters, Garrett, Theis, and Craft Holsters. My setup was just something the other holster companies didn't or couldn't do. Customer service response times were impressive for all and several offered military discounts. In the end, went with Red River Tactical even though my setup wasn't on their site but they told me they would custom do it after approving my request. I also liked the Level 2 retention they had which others didn't have or charged more for. They like others have a long lead time right now so I hope to post some pics down the road. I do appreciate everyone who chimed in and gave me ideas and referrals...learned a lot in the process.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts