Walther Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Howard, the 5" PPQ is NOT ported from the factory and therefore legal for IDPA SSP.

The cuts to the top of the slide are just lightning cuts to the slide only to remove weight. Again, the barrel is NOT ported. It's a common mistake.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks. I realized the barrel was not ported but it looks like the slide is designed for a ported barrel. Since it does not come from the factory with a ported barrel you are correct it is legal. That said I wonder if you could put a compensated barrel in it given it has those "ports".

·
Premium Member
13,497 Posts
This pistol (drool, drool) belongs to a forum member....believe its gglass. He had the extra long slot milled into his slide to further lighten it up. The barrel is the stock Walther barrel....he sent it to Mag-na-port for porting to match the position of the factory slots in the slide.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Am thinking of getting the 5" PPQ M2 and was wondering if it is legal for IDPA in SSP? Specifically I am talking about this with regard to the ports on top of the gun? Does that kick you into ESP or is it legal with regard to rule(s) 8.2.1.4 SSP Excluded Modifications (Non-Inclusive list):

8.2.1.4.8 Compensated/ported firearms with non-compensated/ported barrels installed.
Legal for SSP/ESP. The factory cutouts in the slide are legal.

As noted by others, it does not have a ported barrel.

James

·
Registered
27 Posts
Am thinking of getting the 5" PPQ M2 and was wondering if it is legal for IDPA in SSP? Specifically I am talking about this with regard to the ports on top of the gun? Does that kick you into ESP or is it legal with regard to rule(s) 8.2.1.4 SSP Excluded Modifications (Non-Inclusive list):

8.2.1.4.8 Compensated/ported firearms with non-compensated/ported barrels installed.
The PPQ has smaller slide cuts than the Glock 34 which is the #1 SSP gun in IDPA. It is not "ported" and the cuts are not "modifications" so it is legal.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My Q 5 with a 17 rd mag measures 6" with factory sights so it would be a tight fit in the IDPA box (8 3/4"x 6" x 1 5/8").

To be sure you could sand 1/8" off the front bottom of the base pad to get a little under the 6" length.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I bought a Soley Canadian. There belt holsters are a step up from my Blade Tech and Comp tac. Waiting period runs to 4 weeks but worth it.

Solely Canadian

Prices are in Cdn $ which run 80 cents to the US $.

Take Care

Bob

·
Registered
474 Posts
I had been using a Garrett for my 4" M1. Now that I have a 5" M1, I ordered the same holster from Garrett. It's a bit more pricey but I like the leather lining inside the kydex.
If you order the holster + dual mag carrier there is a discount.

Dave

·
Registered
230 Posts
The Q5 March is legal in IDPA SSP/ESP Division and it fits in the box just fine.

For those with the M2 5", I was not happy with the three white dot set up on the sights. Not wanting to drop money into a set of FO's and quite liking the sights on the gun, white dots aside I decided to do some painting. First I blacked out the two rear dots. I then took a tooth pick and dropped a droplet of fluorescent orange paint I picked up at the local hobby shop on the front sight.

Wow. The front sight just pops out at me and is every bit as easy to pick up as my FO front sights I have on other pistols. Some might want to try this first before spending money on new sights.

I out a Vortex Viper on my Q5 to play in the new Optic Division. The M2 5" will be used in SSP Division.

Take Care

Bob

21 - 36 of 36 Posts