Walther Forums banner

Adding a poll: Are you running a PPQ M2 9mm frame with a complete factory Q5 slide (complete upper)?

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I know that this has been discussed in the forums so my apologies. I just want to be 100% clear so I don't break my guns :)

I have a PPQ M2 5" 9mm which I purchased new about 4 years ago. I received yesterday and new Q5. After removing the factory oils from the Q5, I swapped the complete "uppers" on both pistols. The M2 frame had the Q5 complete slide (barrel marked with "Q5", grey spring assembly and optics-ready slide). The Q5 frame had my M2 complete slide (M2 barrel, red spring assembly and slide with factory sights).

Both guns dry fired fine. Given a choice, I would prefer to leave the Q5 slide (and all it's Q5 innards) on my M2 as the trigger on the M2 has no creep compared to the Q5 that I received yesterday (June 2020). My M2 frame also has talon grips which I really like.

So, here are my questions:
  1. Can I run my M2 frame with the complete Q5 slide (Q5 optics-ready slide, "Q5" marked barrel and grey or red spring)? Any safety or reliability risks?
  2. Can I run my Q5 frame with the M2 complete slide? Any safety or reliability risks?
  3. Are the springs (red and grey) interchangeable between the slides?
  4. Are the barrels (the one marked "Q5" and the M2 barrel) interchangeable between the slides? Can I run the Q5 barrel inside the M2 slide and vice-versa on either frame (Q5 or M2 frame)?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,566 Posts
Okay, here goes.

1. Yes to the first part and NO to the second part.
2. Same answer as above.
3. If you're talking about the rsa, yes. The red spring is just a little bit weaker than the silver/gray spring.
4. Yes, and Yes.

·
Registered
374 Posts
The complete slide assemblies are interchangeable between frames, but I don't know if you can swap barrels between the slides. I recall Walther changed the way they cut the ejection port some years ago and perhaps other changes to the slides. I have no idea whether that affects how the barrel interfaces with the slide.

I actually run a Q5 upper on an M1 frame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts