Walther Forums banner

PPQ M2 5" 9mm - Range report w/video

7K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  WatchFan1 
#1 · (Edited)
PPQ M2 5" 9mm - First range report. and more pics

I received my Walther PPQ today from SportsmansOutdoorSuperstore.com . First of all, all hats to them for delivering my gun to my FFL much faster than some of its competitors. Less than 6 days at my FFL from date of order. :D

The gun gun arrived all well and sound. I will post a short video once it has finished uploading on youtube.

Walther's test fire:

Pretty good.

What I will say, is that the gun looks better than the pictures floating aroung on GunBroker or other more two dimensional ones. In person, it suprised me of how good it looked. I was a bit worried at first, but now that has settled, having seen, and held one (and owned).

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I brought along my Tristar T120 (first time to the range), and my PPQ5. Neither has been shot before. It was a little cold at the range, and I felt a little chill. The ammo I used was the cheapest at the range. Atlanta Arms 115gr. Cheap.

First thing I noticed is that the magazines are REALLY hard to seat in. Like...real hard. Harder than my PPQ M1.

Then, my second shot was a FTE. After that I put about 100rds though without a single hiccup.

The Canik was much easier to control during follow up shots, and had less felt recoil, but it shot a bit high, and nowhere near the accuracy of the Walther. This isn't a competition between the two, just a fun session, btw.

VIDEO of PPQ 5" at the range:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wXLKpxUKKQ&feature

PPQ 5", first 5 shots @ 15yds, Medium size target

PPQ 5", second 5 shots @ 10yds, small target

PPQ 5", third 5 shots @ 25yds, small target

Tristar T120 upper left target vs PPQ center target @ 10yds

I am not a great shooter, to be honest. I am ok, I would say. I only started shooting pistols in the last two years, so if this is not up to PPQ standards, I apologize. I am sure I can do better next time.

#4 ·
Simple breakdown, and more pictures:

With SureFire X300:

Slide:

Bottom of slide with hole for sight tool:

Slide, spring, and barrel:

Sight tool:

Sight tool fit:

I ordered a 17rd magazine, and some ML18802 night sights that should be here by Monday. Will update on those as they come in.

#6 ·
I ordered a 17rd magazine, and some ML18802 night sights that should be here by Monday. Will update on those as they come in.
I guess you're aware that the ML18802 PPS sights are a press fit and will need to be installed very gently.....preferably using the proper sight installation tool. Olsoul bought a tool and used it to remove/install PPS style sights on his PPQ. He posted a step by step proceedure on here somewhere.

Thats a VERY nice looking pistol, and for the time being, a little rare.....at least hard to find. Be careful and try no to screw it up.

#13 ·
M&P had the full APEX FS kit. I think it's on par. The M&P was fantastic and accurate. I have since sold both firearms and kept the PPQ M1. I just don't like the M2 mag release button. Gets in the way of the grip ergo with my large hands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.