Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this PPQ 45 and the slide is so loose when I shake the gun it sounds like a rattle. Also the recoil spring is so loose that it falls out of the slide without even having to touch it. Walther say this is normal, Can this be true??

·
Registered
190 Posts
It’s normal my Q45 suppressor ready model does the same thing. The slide to frame contact is loose to help with cycling if dirt/debri gets stuck within the frame and slide. I’ve questioned it also but watch a few torture test on YouTube of PPQ’s and it seems to have some validity.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have watched video and inspected many PPQ's at gun stores (none in 45) and none of them are as loose as mine. It seems that PPQ45's are scarce. Does your recoil spring also fall out without having to touch it?

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
Slide rattle and a loose RSA on a Q45 are perfectly normal. The factory RSA is extremely easy to mount and dismount almost to the point of falling out.

I swapped mine out with a BT guide rod and it does the same.

I seriously doubt you have any cause for concern. BTW I've been carrying mine as my EDC since October of 2015 and have put thousands of failure free rounds through it.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
ppq .45

I purchased a used .45 and received it in the last week. Took it to the firing range today. No problems at all and the slide is not a bit loose. Not saying anything is wrong with your handgun but seems all don't have loose slides according to these responses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts