Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting. Looking for a holster, right handed, osw. Anybody know of anything. Havent been able to locate anything personally as of yet

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
Welcome to the Forums S.
You'll need to be a whole lot more specific about your needs as there are a host of manufactures who make off both "off the rack" and custom holsters for the Q45 and Q45 SD.

Do you want leather, kydex a combination? Do you need thumb break? Level I, II, III retention? What type of cant?

When we know your needs we can steer you in a good direction.

I'll just say that when getting a holster also get a quality belt and don't go cheap with either. Like your Q they are part of your life support system

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I would prefer a kydex with 0 but willing to go up to 20 degrees on cant. No thumb strap is needed but do want a good degree of retention. I already know that the cost could get up there. Just trying to get directed in the right direction. Looking through the "major" OTC manufacturers i keep coming up empty. And none of the stores I've gone to are any help as everyone around here has almost 0 knowledge with Walther.

·
Premium Member
13,869 Posts
I've recently taken a liking to Dara Holsters (daraholsters.com). Here's my PPQ 45 in a Dara holster with a spring loaded, thumb actuated hood. Retention can be adjusted with the screws below the trigger guard.

When placing your order, you can indicate you've got the SD with a threaded barrel and you want the kydex to extend past/over the threaded extension, just like they do with their PPQ Q4.

I also have a Dara holster to accommodate my Q4. The kydex is cut to allow for the optic as well as extending to cover the muzzle.

These are not for concealed carry, as the hanger they provide does stick the hoster out there about an inch or so from your hip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tucker gun leather in Texas makes some very nice kydex holsters they are all custom made to your specs give rob tucker a call and see what he can do for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts