Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a PPQ M2 5" barrel in .40 caliber. I know virtually nothing about Walthers, but my first experience at the range was a positive one. A general question: Any advice, etc. from those with more experience? And, a specific question: Where to find and purchase a decent quality holster for this firearm? They seem to be pretty hard to find. Not as interested in concealed carry for this particular firearm. Thanks in advance.

Jim D.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Comp Tac International is an excellent range holster. My Q5 sits in one.

Enjoy your Walther, it's an excellent pistol with a very nice trigger for a striker fired gun.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I recently acquired a PPQ M2 5" barrel in .40 caliber. I know virtually nothing about Walthers, but my first experience at the range was a positive one. A general question: Any advice, etc. from those with more experience? And, a specific question: Where to find and purchase a decent quality holster for this firearm? They seem to be pretty hard to find. Not as interested in concealed carry for this particular firearm. Thanks in advance.

Jim D.
1791 has good looking leather OWB holsters.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What do recommend for a ppq m2, 40 cal, with a 4 inch barrel? I’m in Seattle, and need something for open carry. Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,612 Posts
Same as above.....go to daraholsters.com Or, there's oodles and gobs of offerings from other makers.

·
Premium Member
13,612 Posts
I have 3 Dara holsters....all like the one above....1 for my PPQ 45, 1 for a 5" Q with optics and 1 for a Q4 TAC with optic.....all with level II retention. I also have a few Safariland duty holsters with Level II and III retention. All of these are OWB.

Here's a link to the Dara duty holsters https://www.daraholsters.com/level-ii-retention-holster/

You can get the same holster without the rotating strap which they call the 'Thumb Throw System'. This strap is spring loaded. You insert the pistol and manually rotate the strap up, over the rear of the pistol until it clicks/locks into position. To remove the pistol, you simply use your thumb to push down on a lever and it releases the strap which springs/rotates forward. Simple and it works.

The Safariland system is a little different in that the rotating strap is not spring loaded. You have to use your thumb to depress the strap to unlock it and then manually rotate the strap forward. Then you have the ejection port locking mechanism that is deactivated with your thumb. Safariland holsters are probably the predominate holsters used throughout law enforcement.

Both these companies make excellent holsters.

Here's the PPQ 45 in a Dara holster.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You said you aren't interested in concealed carry. So are you open carrying it or are you looking for a range holster? If you aren't intending to carry this pistol I wouldn't be looking at level II or level III retention. In fact personally I wouldn't be looking for that in a carry holster either, but certainly not in a range holster. That's just my opinion.

Q5 Match ( Poly) in a Comp Tac International. Note* The gun is pulled out of the holster for the photo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Holsters are a very personal thing and it depends on your carry goal. These are all great suggestions, especially for the range, I'm a big fan of Vedder holsters. Stay away from Alien gear, and some of the other highly marketing brands, they just aren't great choices and they will end up in a drawer somewhere in the house.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts