Walther Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts
Discussion starter · #44 ·
Oh I'm not one to ask. The PPQ M2 4" 9mm is my first gun and it's still at the FFL awaiting my pickup. I've only just held the gun before buying it and it fit like a glove so figured it'd be a good first handgun. Also figured you can't go wrong with the Walther name so I'm sure either will be great. You just need to decide on if you want a larger weapon with more kick or a smaller one with less kick.

Oh I'm not one to ask. The PPQ M2 4" 9mm is my first gun and it's still at the FFL awaiting my pickup. I've only just held the gun before buying it and it fit like a glove so figured it'd be a good first handgun. Also figured you can't go wrong with the Walther name so I'm sure either will be great. You just need to decide on if you want a larger weapon with more kick or a smaller one with less kick.
If you are in decent physical condition without significant physical ailments like arthritis, the PPQ 9mm is not likely to be hard to control.

The 9mm in a service-sized handgun like the PPQ is not regarded as a hard-kicker.

So many questions left unanswered..........
Why did 102662 (maritime) transfer the firearm into his name after his FFL informed him the firearm was used?
This guy is a lawyer? Yet he took possession/ownership of an item that was misrepresented (IHO).
Give me a friggin' break. 🙄
Would he sign the paperwork at an auto dealership if he knew that the car on fire out front was the one in his contract?🤪
Kinda wish he wasn't banned. Would like to know how much headway he's been making on.......

"..........My present intent is to lodge complaints with the Arkansas Attorney General and the Federal Trade Commission for unconscionable, deceptive OR unfair trade practices. I also intend to petition the ATF to adopt a rule mandating disclosure and marking a firearm as refurbished..........."🤔

I was reading through these posts and some of them didn't age very well. The quote below was posted before the PDP was a thing. Oops! Probably not actually going to be coming down the line in FDE anytime soon or maybe anymore at all.

For the record, I don't have any special insights or insider information into Walther's production schedules or product line.

My basic judgement is that the PPQ is (arguably) Walther's flagship pistol and that FDE is a relatively popular color. On those grounds, I would expect Walther to continue to manufacture the PPQ in a variety of colors including FDE.

If you're eager to get to get a PPQ but dead set on FDE then having a black firearm cerakoted is certainly an option. Keep in mind, once you alter the finish the resale value of the firearm generally takes a significant hit. It's also possible that if the Cerakote is done poorly/improperly that reliability issues could crop.

I was reading through these posts and some of them didn't age very well.
I think your original quote was spot on. The PPQ has been popular enough to have had multiple upgrades. It was the Walther marketing department who decided to call the latest version PDP instead of PPQ M3. And when things calm down a little I would expect to see some frame colors in something other than all black.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.