Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am trying to buy a PPQ M2 4" FDE(the two-tone version, not the coyote) and it is sold out everywhere I have looked. Is Walther not making this gun anymore? I currently don't own any guns and was hoping to get this one as my first. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Unfortunately many guns that previously were readily available are now no where to be found.

Everything flies off the shelf. The FDE PPQ will undoubtedly be back but you may have to be patient.

·
Premium Member
13,970 Posts
That's easy....it narrows your search. I searched google for 'What if frogs could fly'....got 30,900,000 hits. Searched again for 'What if'.... got 12,610,000,000 hits. Same thing when searching gun.deals...use a 'model number' or 'UPC' code to narrow your search to only the particular gun you're looking for.

·
Banned
129 Posts
I agree but I thought he he said serial number and that confused a weak mind.
Old eyes!
While you are here, may I ask for your help regarding a refurbished ppq m2 sold to me as NEW, which Walther Arkansas appears to admit it sold to a dealer without disclosure or marking it as such?

·
Premium Member
13,970 Posts
Weak mind, old eyes, ears that don't work.....that's me.....I could list other things that don't work...but I digress.

Okay, fire away, how can I help?

·
Banned
129 Posts
I recently bought a ppq m2 9mm, 5 inch standard from Earl. I happen to enjoy speaking and dealing with Earl and his commercial reputation for honesty and fair dealing made me willing to pay his price to get his service.

When I went to the delivering ffl dealer, he expressed the opinion it was a used gun. I contacted Earl who assured it was new. I began a long, difficult email communication with Walther Arkansas, with long periods of silence and unresponsive replies by Walther. The gist, finally disclosed by Walther this week, is that the gun was received by it in late 2017, and sold by it or SOMEONE in early 2019 as REFURBISHED. Earl assures me he bought it in October 2020 directly from Walther Arkansas as a NEW gun.

What do you think I should do? I’m very angry and disappointed. Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,970 Posts
This is a tuff one. The outcome is really up to you....and with only two choices. One choice is to just keep the gun, shoot and enjoy it, or choice two is to try to force Walther to replace the gun with a 'new' gun to replace your refurbished gun.....this may involve an attorney.

If it were me, and if the pistol looks 'new', I'd probably just keep it and not worry myself with an attorney and/or lawsuit. I like keeping my life simple....so far, I'm doing a pretty good job. :giggle:

A couple of years ago, I bought a CZ Champion off gunbroker....communited with the seller, sent the cashiers check and then waited. Time passed and no gun, I sent emails, that went unanswered. I was getting pretty worried....but in the end, he did ship the gun. Upon receiving the gun, I took it out of the case and began looking/inspecting....it, at least in my mind, was not nearly as nice as he had indicated. I thought about trying to return it, but in the end, I took the easy way out and just kept the gun, as these 'Champions' are REALLY hard to find. I'll have to say, its a really nice shooter and I'm glad I kept it.

·
Banned
129 Posts
Thanks you for your thoughts. I feel deceived, and treated unconscionably by Walther. I am a retired lawyer with nothing but time. I have asked Walther to replace it, but have been met with silence. My present intent is to lodge complaints with the Arkansas Attorney General and the Federal Trade Commission for unconscionable, deceptive OR unfair trade practices. I also intend to petition the ATF to adopt a rule mandating disclosure and marking a firearm as refurbished. Not only do I view this as unethical but I question whether safety issues are presented by a latent risk I had no rational means of determining or assuming.

Yes, I understand people hate lawyers. I spent four decades defending manufacturers in various, often dangerous industries, and I know when I’ve been hosed. For what it is worth, it appears Earl got hosed, too.

I sincerely thank you for your good faith opinion, but hosed is hosed.

·
Premium Member
13,970 Posts
I hear ya.....and yep, hosed is hosed. If it were me, I'd send Walther a letter describing the situation and the obvious and easy resolution (replacement), ending with the fact that if your not satisfied, legal action will follow. SURELY, they don't want to go down that road, that'd be pure lunacy. I'd hope someone with at least half a brain at Walther will see your letter and take quick action to make this right.

·
Banned
129 Posts
Thanks-I’ve done this by email. I believe Walther has left me no rational choice but to pursue any and all remedies, and not merely administrative ones. I feel quite STRONGLY that ATF regulatory authority over firearms manufacturers must be exercised to force firearms manufacturers to separately package and irreparably mark firearms as “refurbished.” Ethics and public safety demand the rule. Thanks again for your reasoned views. Hosed in Seattle

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
I feel quite STRONGLY that ATF regulatory authority over firearms manufacturers must be exercised to force firearms manufacturers to separately package and irreparably mark firearms as “refurbished.”
That sounds like a terrible idea. The firearms industry doesn't need to be micromanaged any more than it already is. If you aren't happy with how your purchase was represented then send it back for a refund. But don't force an additional burden on the 99.9% of businesses that are honest.

·
Banned
129 Posts
Your basic assumption that Walther will “refund” anything is flawed. However, I respect your right to express your opinion and will petition the ATF to promulgate a rule so that future consumers are not deceived or misled by omission. The rule I will propose affects MANUFACTURERS, ONLY, and will protect retail sellers from these practices, too.

I gather you are unfamiliar with the ATF enabling act and decades of public policy “micromanaging” the manufacture and sale of firearms, which is quite understandable. Believe me, consumers and retail sellers/lgs will benefit from forcing firearms manufacturers to disclose refurbishment.

·
Registered
499 Posts
My 0.02 cents: I would call Walther customer service and explain the entire situation and ask for a new pistol. Something obviously got hosed up somewhere and it isn’t your fault. The Walther website still shows the 30 day “Shoot it Love it“ promotion. They should make this right.

Dave

·
Banned
129 Posts
Inverse order: per the offer, you must shoot it to return it, and I’ll not take the risk-the term “refurbished” necessarily implies it was returned to Walther to cure a fabrication defect, which might be dangerous, and I’m not a gunsmith, so I can’t find latent, dangerous conditions. Secondly, so far all I get from Walther is silence after asking for a new, newly manufactured replacement. I am indeed the victim, here, and I won’t take it lying down. Thanks for your opinions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Unfortunately many guns that previously were readily available are now no where to be found.

Everything flies off the shelf. The FDE PPQ will undoubtedly be back but you may have to be patient.
So you do believe that Walther is still producing this weapon for new sales? I'm fine with being patient as this will be my first firearm. A friend said I could just order the all black one and then get the frame cerakoted to FDE. I found a few websites saying they charge $65 for a frame cerakote. Is that something worth looking into?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts