Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am disappointed Walther would offer an amazingly great 22 LR auto; the PPQ 22lr and destroy the value of their effort with cheapskate plastic sights that Walther knows are not functional The sights are arbitrarily inaccurate [depending on the gun]. I have personally experienced two guns shooting as much as 10" high . The sight elevation screw gets loose with no further possibility of counter clockwise turns. Third party sight vendors I have contacted do not have sight upgrades and tell me their PPQ center fire sights will not work. I would appreciate any information on third party PPQ 22 lr sight upgrade availability, or a fix not requiring fabrication or major slide modification. Walter does not have a cure.
K

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am disappointed Walther would offer an amazingly great 22 LR auto; the PPQ 22lr and destroy the value of their effort with cheapskate plastic sights that Walther knows are not functional The sights are arbitrarily inaccurate [depending on the gun]. I have personally experienced two guns shooting as much as 10" high . The sight elevation screw gets loose with no further possibility of counter clockwise turns. Third party sight vendors I have contacted do not have sight upgrades and tell me their PPQ center fire sights will not work. I would appreciate any information on third party PPQ 22 lr sight upgrade availability, or a fix not requiring fabrication or major slide modification. Walter does not have a cure.
K
although i have not had accuracy issues, i agree, the plastic sights leave much to be desired. on 2nd set of factory sights. windage adjustment screw is the only thing securing the rear sight and it loosens over (short) time. if loosened it can easily slide out of the dove tail then the miniscule spring and spring loaded u piece are nearly impossible to find. be very careful because a little over tightening will bow and crack the sight in the dove tail. also seeking alternative sights.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Plenty of threads on this subject here. The short of it is, I went with the fiber optic front sight from the five inch tactical PPQ 22 and the rear sight from a S&W M&P 22.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts