1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Those are specs of brass from where the casing hit the slide while being ejected from the pistol. It is normal.

That looks like a 2011 model. Are the last two digits of the serial "97"?

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Ok that makes sense thank you.
Some good solvent, a patch, and a bit of rubbing, should get those off.

The last two are 57 not 97. Does that mean anything in particular?
Only to me. I had a PPQ stolen a little while back. I remember mine having a bit more wear than what was shown in the pictures, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I'd assume that this was carried by a left handed shooter, being that there seem to be some blotches of what may be corrosion on the right side slide release lever.

Does this pistol still have the factory sights?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
I believe the sights are original. They are three dot with what seems to be an adjusting screw on the side.

There seems to be a little holster wear but not much. You can tell by the barrel that it's had a good amount of rounds through it, at least from the wear on top. Are there any parts you recommend switching out as a precaution with a used gun?

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Are there any parts you recommend switching out as a precaution with a used gun?
I'd suggest getting a new recoil spring assembly. It should be changed every 5k rounds. Other than that, shoot as many rounds as you can through it.

I'd give the pistol a very good cleaning and inspection before doing anything else.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there folks,

My first post and thought it best to put this in a discussion that seems most related to what I would like advice on - that is rust on a PPQ M1 Slide release lever.

Am the very proud owner of a Walther PPQ M1. First handgun I have ever owned. Purchased this Walther brand new around August 2019 and have been nothing but happy with how it performs - so comfortable and accurate. I carry my PPQ every day wherever I go in a Remora partial sweatband IWB holster. When on the farm I carry it in a Fobus OWB holster. Have an opportunity to shoot every second week, and have to date fired approximately 300 rounds through the PPQ. After every shoot I clean and lubricate the firearm meticulously. During my last clean and lube I noticed rust discolouration on the LHS slide release lever. I take pride in looking after my things, especially when it is a precision instrument, so this has caused me some dismay.

I understood the Walther PPQ to have a Tenifer coating on the metal parts which is supposed to be more corrosion resistant that stainless steel. The slide release appears to have a paint coating that is wearing off.

Have included photos of: LHS slide release lever after I gave it a light brush. RHS slide release lever where a bit of a shine can be seen.

Has anyone else had a similar rust experience after what I deem such short time? Is there something I am doing wrong or some way I can protect my firearm from further similar issues?

Thanking you in advance.

Walther_LHS_SlideRelease.jpg
Walther_RHS_SlideRelease.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts