Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well, I get my PPQ M1 in the mail today, and of course with my luck, it's a little [email protected] Everything seems to work well EXCEPT the slide release/stop. I released the slide with my thumb at my FFL dealer so I didn't notice it, but the "lever" for the slide release/stop is super sticky. When slingshotting it the gun doesn't always release the slide and go forward all the time. about 30-40% of the time the slide stop stays stuck in the upward position. Disassembled the frame from the slide and it's SUPER sticky. you can feel the thick heavy feeling as you try to move it up and down. Normally a PPQ slid release lever is yanked downwards by the spring, but this one just kind of sluggishly tries to return to position, and sometimes gets stuck halfway down and you have to manually push the lever down to get it in the fully "down" position.

My buddy got the same 5" PPQ M1 in Coyote Tan and we both get them from the FFL dealer at once. Compare my slide release to his and it's night and day. his is loose and "springy" where it just moves fluidly and springs back to the downward position naturally. Mine is thick and molassesy, feeling like it's rubbing or having some sort of friction as it moves in any direction (upwards or downwards)

great, I have the gun less than 3 hours and I have to send it back to Fort Smith. Does Fort Smith usually cover the cost of shipping, or am I going to have to pay $60 to overnight ship them my brand new gun?

·
Premium Member
13,621 Posts
This is really hard to diagnose without having your pistol in front of me. The 'slide stop lever' should move up and down 'freely'. If not, something is binding....exactly WHAT or WHY is the question. The slide stop 'spring' should be sitting on 'top' of the slide stop arm that sticks thru the frame....see red arrow. If that spring is sitting on the bottom, you'll have NO pressure forcing the slide lever 'down'. If the spring on your pistol is sitting on top, like the one in the picture, there's something else causing the problem.

Since its a new pistol, I think your best bet is to send the pistol to Walther and let them fix the problem.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I was just venting more than anything. I double checked the spring and the orientation too. all's good. I'm sending into walther today

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, got my M1 back from Fort Smith. The notes say "slide stop tension was too high, gunsmith adjusted fitment and tested". Not sure HOW they adjusted it to make the tension go down, but it's definitely working now and seems to be smoother. So I guess I can't complain.Now I have to go test it out and play with it at the range

1 - 4 of 4 Posts