Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can shake my new loaded PPQ M1 and hear a rattle. Pointing straight and then straight up, I can hear it ten feet (or more) away.
I have a round in the chamber and 14 in the magazine.
Never had a semi auto pistol that had this much noise. Almost like loose BB's

What's rattling ? Any way to quiet it down ?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I heated the dust cover area of the frame, then pushed the plastic sides closer to the slide.

Did the trick.

·
Premium Member
13,978 Posts
Stymie, if you remove the magazine, insert the pistol in your holster and dance to 'Dance to the Music' by Sly and the Family Stone, can you still hear the rattling?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PPQ M1 Rattle

Not the pistol its self. Loading Hornady CD Hollow Point ammunition, in my case, left a lot of clearance in the magazine.
Regular ball ammo loads tight with no rattle.
Never had that happen before.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Instead of being an asshole, why not try to answer the question ?
Got to admit that it was funny.

My PPQ M1 does it but never really thought much about it. For me it’s the rounds rattling in the magazine. My Glock does it too with Hornady Critical Duty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update

Just talked to Hornady. Seems like the plastic filler in their Critical Duty HP's is protruding a bit too much in some rounds and is enough to jam within the magazine, letting the rounds above to "float" and rattle.
Just as a precaution, I used a razor blade to cut off the excess, before loading.
No rattle now.

Attachments

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
I guess some people can't handle a little humor, and that's ok.

IAOF is anything but an asshole, however.

(I however probably am, and I don't care, much. )

Merry (early) Christmas, Yuletide, Happy Holidays, or just plain third week of December to all.

(there, now I can say I tried to piss everyone off. Can't discriminate, ya know) :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts