Walther Forums banner

PPQ M1 .40 muzzle rise reduction ideas

888 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  1942bull 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have a FAJ PPQ M1 that I bought when they first came out in the USA. Although this gun has had failure to go into battery problems in the past, I've put over 7K rounds through it and the accuracy of it is unmatched by any other gun I shoot.

To make this gun more enjoyable to shoot I am toying with the idea of Mag-na-porting the barrel. The company is located close to me and this seems to be cheaper than buy an aftermarket threaded barrel and a compensator.

I will also be putting in a steel guide rod assembly and the Sprinco trigger kit.

Anyone have suggestions on steel guide rods? Does this sound like a good and reliable plan to keep enjoying this firearm?

Appreciate the help

#5 ·
I have but it seems like a lot of people don’t notice much difference while others do. I feel like a compensator or porting is the only guaranteed way to tame the flip and increase the enjoyment factor
I was attempting to bypass discussion re guide rods and recoil reduction systems as well as avoiding the pros/cons of porting.

There are differing opinions about all of those options and you will need to research the forums and perhaps youtube? I use the DPM system in my PPQ 45 and XDs 3.3 45 and can tell you that I thoroughly tested all optional springs to discover that the improvement is minimal.

Balance can explain in more detail what the pros/cons of porting are and perhaps OF will add his views.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.