Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All-

A couple weeks ago I bought a PPQ M2 9mm 3.5 inch carry gun. I am now buying a PPQ M2 22lr 4 inch. If I bought a 4 inch PPQ holster, could I use it for both guns?

Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
The answer is probably... but it depends.

The PPQ .22 should have the exact same dimensions as 4 inch PPQ in 9 or 40. I believe the PPQ SC has the same dimensions as the full size except in grip length and barrel length.

My P99C compact pistol fits basically every leather holster my full size P99 fits in because the only significant difference is .5 inches of barrel.

So generally speaking you should be good to go but it's entirely possible that certain holsters don't quite work as well with the compact as the fullsize, particularly if the cutaway to the trigger guard is sub-optimal.

·
Registered
9 Posts

The PPQ .22 should have the exact same dimensions as 4 inch PPQ in 9 or 40. I believe the PPQ SC has the same dimensions as the full size except in grip length and barrel length.

My P99C compact pistol fits basically every leather holster my full size P99 fits in because the only significant difference is .5 inches of barrel.

So generally speaking you should be good to go but it's entirely possible that certain holsters don't quite work as well with the compact as the fullsize, particularly if the cutaway to the trigger guard is sub-optimal.
I have a PPQ 4" which I bought this summer. I ordered a kydex IWB holtster for it and it fit perfectly. Then, because I was so impressed with the accuracy of the 4" PPQ, I decided that I wanted to buy a PPQ SC with the 3.5" barrel. So, I did! I holstered it in my 4" kydex holster and it fit again...perfectly.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have both the 4" and the SC PPQ 9 mm pistols

I have both these guns and have several different holsters for the PPQ M2 4" 9 mm. The Stealthgear Flex OWB holster is what I use for the PPQ M2 4" 9 mm pistol. The PPQ M2 SC LE 9 mm fits into the Stealthgear Flex OWB fine.

I have several of the Alien Gear OWB holsters that I got for the PPQ M2 4" 9 mm pistol. I bet that my new PPQ M2 SC LE 9 mm will fit into all those Alien Gear Holsters too.

You can take your gun (unloaded of course) to the gun store and see if they will let you test fit the gun into their holsters before you buy a holster for the gun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks hippo, you were 100% correct. I just got a We The People 4 inch holster, and the 3.5 inch SC works perfectly in it! During training, I can switch between guns no problem. I even loosened the retention, and no worries. Thanks for saving me money!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts