Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ppq with the first tab for the rail cracked anybody know a good repair for this and any info on what type of glue ad/////or epoxy can be used on this frame

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would contact Walther they have great warranty and guarantee 48 hour return

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,794 Posts
I don't think Walther is going to do anything about this.....but its worth a try.....worst they can say is no.

As for fixing.....a picture would be nice.

Without seeing it, I might consider using JB-Weld to fill/force into the crack, then, in addition, I'd fill in the first slot as well, to help hold and strengthen that front piece. BUT, I'd really need to see the crack.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a ppq with the first tab for the rail cracked anybody know a good repair for this and any info on what type of glue ad/////or epoxy can be used on this frame
The best thing you can use for this problem is your phone. Call Walther Cust. Service and tell them what's happened. Good chance they will do the repair under their excellent warranty .

·
Registered
848 Posts
Call customer service. Do not attempt any repair yourself.
Cracked frame would likely be covered by the warranty.
Fix may be new frame. Or may be replace the entire pistol.
If you have after market sights may be a good idea to put the factory sights back on in case Walther replaces the pistol.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had the same trouble when I first got my PPQ, contacted Walther, sent it back and they replaced the complete gun.
They are the best in customer service with the experiences I have had. It is a weak link in my eyes, its so very thin, I make sure not to use that tab and make sure everything I mount is always tight and continue to ck when I shoot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts