Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!

BTW, that price is lower than RSR Wholesale price :)

James

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just got off an online chat with Buds and Mr. Gary Smith (or whoever was using the user name) said it does not come with a threaded barrel.....

Can anyone verify please?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Extremist and I have both ordered a First Edition from Bud's, we'll know for sure in about a week.
In addition to the threaded barrel there is also supposed to be a third mag that is equipped with the +2 extension.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the heads up!

BTW, that price is lower than RSR Wholesale price :)

James
The MSRP is supposed to be $899. $637 is almost a 30% discount.
If these don't have the threaded barrel and the third mag someone's gonna have some 'splaining to do 'cause Walther part number WAP00Q91 is supposed to have both.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Without the threaded barrel, how would Walther justify such a high price increase? IMO, there would be no reason to pay the difference in price for just a +2 mag extension.

I'm going to be pissed off if these first edition models get sold out before I even get a chance to handle a regular PPQ in person. Out of three local shops, and a few around the outskirts of Charlotte, NC, nobody has gotten even one PPQ in yet.

Does anyone know how many First Edition models will be released in the US?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Buds does list the first edition as having night sights instead of 3 dot sights like the standard PPQ. That might be the other reason for the price increase.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Ah, OK, well I guess that's better, but the only reason I would want to get a First Edition model would be for the threaded barrel since it would fit the P99 as well.

If that's the case, and the First Edition does not come with the threaded barrel, then I'm just going to get a regular PPQ and save some money. I'll wait for the report when you guys get your's in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Extremist and I have both ordered a First Edition from Bud's, we'll know for sure in about a week.
In addition to the threaded barrel there is also supposed to be a third mag that is equipped with the +2 extension.

Sweet! I look forward to the report.

I haven't even handled a ppq yet, but my shipment should be here Monday. But won't be able to pick it up until Tuesday, urgh:(

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
The MSRP is supposed to be $899. $637 is almost a 30% discount.
If these don't have the threaded barrel and/or the third mag someone's gonna have some 'splaining to do 'cause Walther part number WAP00Q91 is supposed to have both.
That is correct, if it DOESN'T come with the threaded barrel they WILL have some explaining to do.

Because the 2011 Walther Catalog shows it:

Part Number WAP00Q91
Caliber 9MM
Barrel Length 4.1” NEW First Edition
Features 15-17-SFA-SG-NS-TB
SKU 698958031193

AS Anti-Stress Trigger (Traditional Double Action)
BR Black Adjustable Rear Sight
CA California Compliant
CT Crimson Trace® Grips
LH Left Hand
N Nickel Slide
NS Night Sights
RH Right Hand
SA Single Action Only
WG Wood Grip
SFA Stricker Fired Action (yes, they did misspell this :) )
SG Synthetic Grip
TDA Traditional Double Action
TB Threaded Barrel

So I'm expecting only one 15 round and one 17 round, but it better have Night Sights and the Threaded barrel for sure or Bud's is going to hear about it, as well as Walther America.

Regards,
James

·
Registered
141 Posts
The guy at buds said the ppq 1st edition comes with night sights, no threaded barrel or 3rd mag. They have the p99 AS with night sights listed for same price as ppq 1st edition.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is a bit annoying. I like the PPQ enough to consider buying a 2nd - a first edition, mostly because of the threaded barrel and night sights.

I will not order anything till this is cleared up. However, this price for a 9mm with a threaded barrel and 3 mags is a very good deal!

·
Registered
141 Posts
To be honest, the first thing I thought of when buds listed the ppq first edition for only $47 more than the regular ppq is that the price was simply too good to be true.

That said, $47 for night sights is still a good value.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can't get too excited by the night sights from Europe. I have no doubt they are the rechargeable glow in the dark type also used by HK and Beretta, not the Tritium powered ones we have in the USA.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To be honest, the first thing I thought of when buds listed the ppq first edition for only $47 more than the regular ppq is that the price was simply too good to be true.

That said, $47 for night sights is still a good value.
Bud's often has great deals. Makes it hard to tell too good to be true from a super deal. We shall see.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That is correct, if it DOESN'T come with the threaded barrel they WILL have some explaining to do.

Because the 2011 Walther Catalog shows it:

Part Number WAP00Q91
Caliber 9MM
Barrel Length 4.1” NEW First Edition
Features 15-17-SFA-SG-NS-TB
SKU 698958031193

AS Anti-Stress Trigger (Traditional Double Action)
BR Black Adjustable Rear Sight
CA California Compliant
CT Crimson Trace® Grips
LH Left Hand
N Nickel Slide
NS Night Sights
RH Right Hand
SA Single Action Only
WG Wood Grip
SFA Stricker Fired Action (yes, they did misspell this :) )
SG Synthetic Grip
TDA Traditional Double Action
TB Threaded Barrel

So I'm expecting only one 15 round and one 17 round, but it better have Night Sights and the Threaded barrel for sure or Bud's is going to hear about it, as well as Walther America.

Regards,
James
On buds description it says 4" barrel on the "1st edition" barrel description
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/72064

Also I was looking at the "WALTHER_Defense-Katalog_2011-2012_WEB" pdf and there it lists a threaded barrel length of 118mm which converted is 4.6" on the "PPQ Navy" (pages 17-19)
http://docs.google.com/gview?url=ht...Defense-Katalog_2011-2012_WEB.pdf&chrome=true

Now, look at the description and title on buds site for the 9mm and .40 "4.1" is listed there on the 9mm model on the title, but in the barrel description it's 4". On the .40's barrel description it's 4.1"

40: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/72066
9: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/72065

In the "katalog", on page 55, they have the .40 listed at 106mm, converted is the 4.1" (it's actually 4.17" and would look like 4.2" if they rounded up correctly, but who's counting) and the 9mm at 102mm, converted is 4"

Some discrepancies for sure.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Individuals who purchased the PPQ first edition should in fact receive two fifteen round mags, a seventeen round mag, and a threaded barrel. If the PPQ first edition is not disbursed with these extra items, Walther America will definitely have some major explaining to do. As extremist has already pointed out, theses items are listed in the 2011 Walther catalog as standard disbursement.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, we'll know for sure in the next few days...

1 - 20 of 101 Posts