Walther Forums banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
So here are the facts:

The trigger bar is a virtual duplicate of the Apex with the same design and measurements front to back.

The German manufactured Dynamic trigger/trigger bar does NOT come with a sear block.

The sear block that was shipped is the standard factory sear block as shipped in the PPQ/Q5.

If you need confirmation I suggest you contact Earl.
Thanks Chandler. I'm a little disappointed to be honest. The Apex trigger is good and this is a good step for Walther but I was hoping for something more.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Random thought, but since you have the spare seat unit, is there’s any sort of molded or casted marks on the housing to indicate where an adjustment would have been? Seems like if you read the Expert manual, there’s indication of adjustment via set screws.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Random thought, but since you have the spare seat unit, is there’s any sort of molded or casted marks on the housing to indicate where an adjustment would have been? Seems like if you read the Expert manual, there’s indication of adjustment via set screws.
I believe it's the same sear block. Both have the arrow pointing to "E" on the molded letter dial on the side. It's probably just a date code... although perhaps an adjustment code?

·
Registered
243 Posts
^^ what I was getting at was if you either split the sear cage open carefully or knew where to drill holes for adjustment, maybe you could make a pseudo Expert Trigger with the extra sear your received.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ha, that kind of modification is beyond my comfort level for safety/reliability on this particular firearm. However, others may be up for that challenge (presuming that an extra sear unit does ship with the trigger when readily available.)

·
Premium Member
3,372 Posts
^^ what I was getting at was if you either split the sear cage open carefully or knew where to drill holes for adjustment, maybe you could make a pseudo Expert Trigger with the extra sear your received.
As I stated above the sear block is a factory standard as shipped in all PPQ's. The trigger and sear that he received were not a kit....they were shipped as piece parts and the sear was included as a backup in case the original was damaged during installation.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
[IMG alt="imaoldfart"]https://www.waltherforums.com/d1/avatars/m/17/17790.jpg?1587021530[/IMG]
imaoldfart
Premium Member

Joined Mar 19, 2012
13,606 Posts

#84 7 d ago
>Just be careful handling the sear housing assembly, as the pins can fall out and when that happens, the single action lever or the sear are going to fall out, and they're a boogerbear to get back in<<
Yeah, tell me about it! That happened to me and I ended up having a local armor put it back together for me. :(

101 - 107 of 107 Posts