Walther Forums banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,372 Posts
For those who have one of the newer trigger models I believe it would be great if you would/could use a Vernier and take the following measurements. If you have the factory PPQ M2 begin with that trigger as the before and then remeasure following installation. I have the Apex on my PPQ 45 but I never performed the initial factory measurements so all I have are with the Apex. My measurements consist of 4 positions and I placed the Vernier on the back of the Apex at the highest point. The following measurements were obtained:

Trigger Full Forward...…. 35/64ths
After Take-up...…………. 30/64ths
After Break...…………….. 26/64ths
After Reset...…………….. 30/64ths

·
Registered
122 Posts
Can't argue about the original Walther plastic trigger, however half the fun for me it in the rebuilding of gun. My 1911 trigger had a 6 lb pull new and not so great until I did a trigger job and replaced a few parts. Want a perfect gun out of the box get a Wilson Combat, hell I'm trying to get one now but the cheapest one I would buy is over 5,000. I will get one soon. BTY, I have 4 Walthers. The only gun I didn't like was a Sig 380, did not shoot smooth at all.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Can't argue about the original Walther plastic trigger, however half the fun for me it in the rebuilding of gun. My 1911 trigger had a 6 lb pull new and not so great until I did a trigger job and replaced a few parts. Want a perfect gun out of the box get a Wilson Combat, hell I'm trying to get one now but the cheapest one I would buy is over 5,000. I will get one soon. BTY, I have 4 Walthers. The only gun I didn't like was a Sig 380, did not shoot smooth at all.
So you think that you should have to 'rebuild' a $1.5K "Match" pistol. Interesting take.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not what I stated, for me it's the fun part. Most guns now sold out of the box are limited due to liability and safety. Most who purchase a gun will nevet shoot more than 25 rounds through it. I really don't want folks walking around with a 2.5 lb trigger, do you? Still, an all steel gun with a good trigger is worth 1,500 bucks, if you don't think so then go purchase a 500 buck plastic gun, lots of options, and they kill just the same.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Does anyone know anything about this? I emailed Earls and they said they have them available for sale, seems like a nice trigger and if Earls is selling it for 145 it should be a lot cheaper if other retailers can get their hands on it. I saw it in different colors floating around as well. Even at full retail I'd rather spend 145 on a Walther oem trigger than 200 on an overwatch one personally

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
Yankchef, does Earls have a website or some public site ?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Not what I stated, for me it's the fun part. Most guns now sold out of the box are limited due to liability and safety. Most who purchase a gun will nevet shoot more than 25 rounds through it. I really don't want folks walking around with a 2.5 lb trigger, do you? Still, an all steel gun with a good trigger is worth 1,500 bucks, if you don't think so then go purchase a 500 buck plastic gun, lots of options, and they kill just the same.
I'm kinda on the same page. A 2.5 trigger is nice and almost a must on a competition gun. Not on a carry gun that has no safety except the trigger finger. Walther missed the boat with the SF series calling it "competition ready" with the trigger and recoil system it is delivered with. It will be interesting to see your comparison of the Walther and OP triggers. When do you expect to have the Walther trigger in a pistol?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just received my dynamic trigger in the mail. It includes the metal trigger/bar assembly and also a new (plastic) sear housing assembly.

·
Premium Member
3,372 Posts
Would like to know how it compares to the factory sear block......photos of internals would be great. Also, if you are able to take measurements of trigger as I posted above so we can compare would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. Did they include any installation instructions? Specifically, is there a setup/adjustment process to follow?

I have one on order from Earls.....looking forward to getting it so I can see what they've done to the sear housing components.

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
I guess that means its a simple replacement. No sweat, it'll be just like installing an Apex trigger.....there's some videos on youtube.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts