Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have one on order. I am hearing good things. I'm curious as to how it compares to the Apex triggers I'm currently using. We will see.
Looking forward to the comparisation, especially to hear which one has the shortest Length of pull. Short fingers here...

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
The gun is at my gunsmith. I'm getting the frame cerakoted whiIe he has the gun.

It should be too much longer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I spoke with Earl’s this am. Dynamic trigger still on backorder. I’m getting one, also extended mag release. He understood it to be about what the Expert trigger is, but does not include the adjustable sear. The adjustable sear apparently caused some legal concerns on import. Thanks, imaoldfart, for the translation. My teenage took German I think so he can read the BMW repair manuals.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
It's interesting to hear it was the adjustable sear that caused issue. I had not heard that before.

Hopefully we see it soon and hopefully it's a factory installed feature of future match oriented guns.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I love mine Apex as well. Trigger group was replaced with 2 other springs per Walther Shooting team recommendation and your advice. Thx. Better late then never!
I have both and the Overwatch is way better than the Apex in smoothness ans quality!!

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
I have both and the Overwatch is way better than the Apex in smoothness ans quality!!
That's encouraging to hear. I like the Apex. Definite improvement over stock. If the Overwatch improves on that i will be extremely impressed.

I should have the gun back soon.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
I got my new Q5 poly back. Frame was cerakoted and the OWP trigger installed.

I like it!

I have two Q5 Polys with Apex triggers installed so I can do a pretty direct comparison.

I'm still waiting for my new RMR to show up so I can get it mounted on the new Q5.

From dry firing them, side by side, I'll say the Apex sits distinctly farther forward. The OWP a little further back.

The OWP is distinctly crisper. The Apex, even though it is way more broken in, is less distinct. Less crisp. More of a rolling feel.

Even though I have thousands of rounds through the Apex, the OWP feels more natural. It feels more like a good single-action hammer-fired trigger.

I think I'm really going to like the OWP trigger.

I'll post more when I've had a chance to shoot the guns side by side.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Jimmo952, thanks for reporting back. I would greatly appreciate if you could measure the difference in length of pull between the OWP and the Apex. Or in other words - how much further back is the OWP?

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Jimmo952, thanks for reporting back. I would greatly appreciate if you could measure the difference in length of pull between the OWP and the Apex. Or in other words - how much further back is the OWP?
One thing I see is the Apex leans forward. The OPW leans to the rear. That might be part of what I'm feeling.

Later when I get a chance, I'll put a couple of pictures up.

Feel definitely goes to the OWP. At least for me it.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Here are pictures of two Q5s side by side.

The one on the right is the OWP. The one on the left is the Apex.

Notice the different shapes of the trigger safeties.

Also notice the slight forward can't of the Apex as opposed to the more vertical perhaps slightly rearward canted OPW.

Those two pictures were taken with the guns "cocked".

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Jimmo, thanks for the picture. Could you also please measure the distance from the face of the trigger straight back to the backstrap for them respectively? This is the length of pull.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Jimmo, thanks for the picture. Could you also please measure the distance from the face of the trigger straight back to the backstrap for them respectively? This is the length of pull.
The OWP measures a consistent 2.7 inches from the face of the trigger straight back to the backstrap. It is vertical in orientation.

The Apex trigger measures from 2.7 to 3.0 inches as it slopes forward. Where I place my finger and where I think most would measures 2.9 inches.

These measurements are not counting the trigger-blade safety.

Not a huge difference but perceptible.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
I finally got the OWP out to the range. I will just say WOW! It feels very much like shooting a single-action pistol. Cleaner, crisper and shorter than the APEX offering.

The Apex offering is good but feels mushy in comparison.

I put 400 rounds down range through a poly Q5 Match equipped with an RMR. No issues with reliability.

The trigger reach is .2 inches shorter than the Apex. It is a small but noticeable difference.

The overall feel is very similar to shooting a good single action trigger.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
So now i.just need to see the Walther Dynamic trigger. Walther's offering has it's work cut out for it if is going to improve upon the OWP.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
I bought a few more OWP triggers for my PPQs. I like the trigger so much I will be replacing the Apex triggers in my PPQs with the OWPs.

The Apex is good. The OWP is better.

Now let's see what the Walther Dynamic brings to the table. Is there anything new regarding availability of the Walther Dynamic?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I bought a few more OWP triggers for my PPQs. I like the trigger so much I will be replacing the Apex triggers in my PPQs with the OWPs.

The Apex is good. The OWP is better.

Now let's see what the Walther Dynamic brings to the table. Is there anything new regarding availability of the Walther Dynamic?
Thanks for bringing it back to my op lol. I still haven't heard anything

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 42 Posts