Walther Forums banner

181 - 187 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I also got the Q5 Dynamic Trigger but with the Fire Control. Has anyone got the Fire Control along with the Dynamic Trigger?
Here is my YouTube video after the installed -

·
Registered
9 Posts
Received my trigger today, with the adjusted sear overlap housing. Fantastic! Will need to file down the trigger shoe inertia safety a little, even more so than with the plastic triggers.
In addition to all that's been said already:
  • the trigger bar guide (small loose piece in 3rd picture) is now of plastic, not metal, reduces friction a LOT = smoother pull
  • no regrets spending $240, the trigger creep is gone, overtravel reduced, it's all I ever wanted

IMG_6833.jpg
IMG_6834.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
My trigger arrived today. The trigger system came in a nice plastic box like a much smaller version of the pistol boxes. I also bought the updated fire control system.

Installation was completed in under 30 minutes. Much of the time was spent re-installing the spring/lever in the sear assembly (fire control group) which had fallen out in shipping.

Altogether I'm very happy with it. The first stage is shorter, there is no perceptible 'second first stage' to push up the firing pin block, the break is a lot cleaner and the overtravel is much less.

I did nothing to the trigger and sear assembly other than install it. I thought about polishing the transfer bar bearing surfaces but decided to just go with it and see how it does. I don't regret doing it that way. I did notice that the transfer bar has some sort of coating or paint, almost like a teflon coating. I'm wondering if it is indeed a friction reducing coating that would be counterproductive to polish off.

I think it's worth noting that in addition to the installation instructions there was another sheet included that warned about the potential of damaging the pistol during stripping with the new trigger. Apparently the slide has to be held perfectly in battery position while triggering the striker. Failure to do so can cause the striker to trip after the slide passes the battery position and can cause damage. If anyone understands this please elaborate.
You too? The trigger came in Thurs. finally for the wife's Q4 SF. I let the sear housing fall apart too! That was a BITCH to reassemble. At least for the first and hopefully last time! I didn't read the directions since I'd done my Q5 previously. What's this about having to be in battery?

·
Registered
2 Posts
What brand is your grips? I got the Walther's thin aluminum grips

Received my trigger today, with the adjusted sear overlap housing. Fantastic! Will need to file down the trigger shoe inertia safety a little, even more so than with the plastic triggers.
In addition to all that's been said already:
  • the trigger bar guide (small loose piece in 3rd picture) is now of plastic, not metal, reduces friction a LOT = smoother pull
  • no regrets spending $240, the trigger creep is gone, overtravel reduced, it's all I ever wanted

View attachment 95427 View attachment 95428 View attachment 95429 View attachment 95431 View attachment 95432

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ok. so I finally got out to test my trigger today.

As a recap I received my Dynamic Trigger along with the fire control group (sear assembly). Installation was easy except for the lever and spring that fell out during shipping. It took a while to get this back together but finally figured a way without special tools.

I did no extra tuning of the system as I wanted to test it as it came from the factory. I resisted the temptation to polish any of the parts.

The pistol is a Q5 Match Steel Frame. It is completely stock except for Springco springs. I left the firing pin block spring in the pistol but used the trigger spring provided with the Dynamic trigger...after all it should be a 'tuned' system right?

I took it to the range today and can report that I am very pleased. I tested the pistol on our local 'steel plate' range. The only 'problem' which is not really a problem with the pistol is that I had one 'unintended' discharge. After enough rounds through the pistol with the original trigger I became accustomed to the long first stage, long over-travel and long reset. In the first string of five rounds I fired a round and, while moving to the next target, triggered the next round prematurely while passing between the targets. This was due to the short reset which I was not used to. I think muscle memory caused me to revert to the old trigger parameters.

Otherwise the trigger was superb. The first stage is shorter (which may have caused my inadvertent discharge), the firing pin block stage is apparently gone, the break is cleaner and the over-travel shorter. The reset is also shorter which may have been another contributor to the unintentional discharge. After that first incident I had no further problems and quickly adapted to the new trigger sequence.

Given the performance of this trigger I would not recommend any further changes to it, particularly any lighter springs. If I was using the pistol for bullseye shooting I might but for steel plates or any other 'action' shooting I think the heavier trigger is actually a positive attribute. If I were to use it as a carry gun (which I won't because it's too heavy) I would definitely NOT use lighter springs.

Again, if anyone understands the warning about dry firing during stripping without holding the slide in battery I would appreciate it.

181 - 187 of 187 Posts