Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Does anyone know anything about this? I emailed Earls and they said they have them available for sale, seems like a nice trigger and if Earls is selling it for 145 it should be a lot cheaper if other retailers can get their hands on it. I saw it in different colors floating around as well. Even at full retail I'd rather spend 145 on a Walther oem trigger than 200 on an overwatch one personally

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
That looks awesome. I wonder if it would be IDPA legal since it’s OEM? Will they make if for the Poly PPQ or only the steel one in the picture?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks awesome. I wonder if it would be IDPA legal since it’s OEM? Will they make if for the Poly PPQ or only the steel one in the picture?
I didn't ask Earl but on the part list it says "ppq, q4, q5" so it might already be for all of them

·
Premium Member
13,491 Posts
German to English translation:

Like the Expert Trigger, the new Dynamic Performance Trigger for 9 mm pistols is downward compatible and can even be retrofitted for PPQ and Q5 pistols with a polymer grip.

Its key data: tongue protection, aluminum tongue with flat finger rest and hook-shaped spout, shortened preferred path, short trigger stop, even shorter reset, optimized latch overlap and an outrageously dry trigger characteristic.

The installation is carried out by Walther's master manufacture. In addition to the trigger, the trigger housing is replaced with a new one with an optimized pawl overlap.

Article no. 2849526
Non-binding retail price:
€ 279.00

So, I think what they're saying is, they've shortened the takeup and over travel as well as the reset. BUT to realize the full capabilities, it requires installing a new sear housing assembly with an optimized sear contact patch. Which means they're probably using the sear housing with the set screw which allows adjustment of the single action lever.....which they'll probably not sell in the US.

Bottom line, you can probably order the flat faced trigger/trigger bar from Earl. As for the sear housing.....well............good luck with that.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea and if it's just a different feeling trigger I don't know if it's really worth the money at that point, maybe. I think it's kind of a miss for Walther not to include this upgrade on a $1500 pistol that is supposed to be competitive with hammer guns. The ppq trigger is great but it's not anywhere near a cz tso.
They do seem to have put it in there upcoming way more expensive specialty guns

·
Registered
17 Posts

Does anyone know anything about this? I emailed Earls and they said they have them available for sale, seems like a nice trigger and if Earls is selling it for 145 it should be a lot cheaper if other retailers can get their hands on it. I saw it in different colors floating around as well. Even at full retail I'd rather spend 145 on a Walther oem trigger than 200 on an overwatch one personally

This must be very new. A couple of weeks ago I contacted Walther about triggers and they said these have been approved in Europe but not yet here. So ,I guess they're are now available here also. Google can help with the price hunt and who else has it now.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Yea and if it's just a different feeling trigger I don't know if it's really worth the money at that point, maybe. I think it's kind of a miss for Walther not to include this upgrade on a $1500 pistol that is supposed to be competitive with hammer guns. The ppq trigger is great but it's not anywhere near a cz tso.
They do seem to have put it in there upcoming way more expensive specialty guns

I think they were planning on importing their "Expert" trigger and then figured out that was a bad idea from a liability standpoint.

It went in for a redesign for the US market and is now reappearing as the "Dynamic" trigger.

Maybe including it in the match oriented guns is part of the plan. We shall see, but it looks like Walther's plans were set back at least a year due to miscalculation around the Expert trigger.

I agree with your point though.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE FROM WALTHER:

Message Body: (me)
Hi i saw the new Walther dynamic trigger for sale on Earls website. I am wondering if you will be offering this trigger anytime soon yourself and if the upgraded sear housing will be available along with the trigger and bar

(Walther CS)
We should hopefully have them in closer to the end of the month. As far as I'm aware Earl doesn’t actually have them in as he generally would get them from us. From what I understand the trigger/bar comes with the pretuned FCU as well.

Thank you,
Customer Service
Walther Arms, Inc.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
UPDATE FROM WALTHER:

Message Body: (me)
Hi i saw the new Walther dynamic trigger for sale on Earls website. I am wondering if you will be offering this trigger anytime soon yourself and if the upgraded sear housing will be available along with the trigger and bar

(Walther CS)
We should hopefully have them in closer to the end of the month. As far as I'm aware Earl doesn’t actually have them in as he generally would get them from us. From what I understand the trigger/bar comes with the pretuned FCU as well.

Thank you,
Customer Service
Walther Arms, Inc.

Thx for the update Yankchef. Release sounds imminent which is good. Exactly what is going to be released is still a little unclear, even to Walther CS!

Hopefully the upgrated sear housing IS part of the package. Sounds like a probably.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Of course they never say which month!

I'm still dreaming of the Expert Trigger, overdue by a year, along with the other difficulties mentioned above.

-Don
Unfortunately, I don't think that Expert Trigger is going to happen unless they come out with a PPQ variation with manual safety.

·
Registered
20 Posts
German to English translation:

Like the Expert Trigger, the new Dynamic Performance Trigger for 9 mm pistols is downward compatible and can even be retrofitted for PPQ and Q5 pistols with a polymer grip.

Its key data: tongue protection, aluminum tongue with flat finger rest and hook-shaped spout, shortened preferred path, short trigger stop, even shorter reset, optimized latch overlap and an outrageously dry trigger characteristic.

The installation is carried out by Walther's master manufacture. In addition to the trigger, the trigger housing is replaced with a new one with an optimized pawl overlap.

Article no. 2849526
Non-binding retail price:
€ 279.00

So, I think what they're saying is, they've shortened the takeup and over travel as well as the reset. BUT to realize the full capabilities, it requires installing a new sear housing assembly with an optimized sear contact patch. Which means they're probably using the sear housing with the set screw which allows adjustment of the single action lever.....which they'll probably not sell in the US.

Bottom line, you can probably order the flat faced trigger/trigger bar from Earl. As for the sear housing.....well............good luck with that.
Hello.
DPT vs Apex. Could you tell...?
Thx!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've not tried the DPT, only the Apex. The Apex reduces pretravel and overtravel....its sweet.
I love mine Apex as well. Trigger group was replaced with 2 other springs per Walther Shooting team recommendation and your advice. Thx. Better late then never!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed an Overwatch trigger on my Q5 SF a couple of weeks ago. Cleaner and shorter uptake, even better reset and trigger pull weight down to about 3.8 lb break with their "red" trigger spring. Feels more like a "match trigger" compared to the factory shipped.
Walther.jpeg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts