Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a PPQ M1 in 9mm. The one thing I noticed about it was that the makers mark, date code and serial number on the side of the slide are barely noticeable. You have to tip the slide just right in the sun light or under a very bright light to see it other wise it is not visible. I would like to know if anyone could shed light on this anomaly. Oh! It was built in DE (Germany), 2011 Ser # FAJ XXXX.

·
Registered
4 Posts
On mine all those markings are very shallow, but they are a silvery white color. I do not know how the coloring is applied, maybe yours missed this step or somehow they where removed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine are light but visible. I love all those prof marks on the European guns. I do t know why Glocks don’t usually have them but glad to see them on my POQ

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
The BB dated Qs seemed to have light markings. MY QFE also has light markings but they are readable.
I seem to remember that they were laser marked or something similar. I could be mistaken on this though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gentlemen, thank you very much for the input. Mine, when I can see it is a very light rust brown. I tried to go over it with white finger nail polish but their are no grooves for the polish to go into.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I recently purchased a PPQ M1 in 9mm. The one thing I noticed about it was that the makers mark, date code and serial number on the side of the slide are barely noticeable. You have to tip the slide just right in the sun light or under a very bright light to see it other wise it is not visible. I would like to know if anyone could shed light on this anomaly. Oh! It was built in DE (Germany), 2011 Ser # FAJ XXXX.
Mine are fairly "dim" too. Mine's also a BB code 9mm, but FAK5255. My .40 is a BB as well, but it's a little older, FAJ5583

I've got no qualms about my serials being "out there", hell, the ATF knows them, IDGAF if anyone else does. LOL

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Balance and Thunderbirdsport302 thank you for the input. I think that is the answer, mine must be laser etched. Mine is FAJ1000 series.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts