Walther Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
It's a good idea, but that's a pretty hefty price. That being said, I'd love to see a 4 inch upper as well so I can convert my 5" to a 4" for something more concealable..

·
Registered
218 Posts
Sadly, California USA is one of those places. I’d be interested at $400 MSRP and slightly discounted street price. As mentioned in an earlier post $700 is practically an insult considering what other companies are selling upper slide assemblies for (H&K, S&W M&P CORE, Glock, etc.).
You would have to be willing to shell out 2-3x the free state price for a PPQ first before even considering this upper assembly. The handgun roster is a de facto handgun ban aimed to deter the common man from purchasing a pistol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This conversion caught my eye. Sig does the same thing for around the same price with a Romeo 1. I wanted a red dot for my 226 Legion but didn’t want to have the slide milled or spend $1,100 on a 229. So I bought it. I thought it was way too much, but really wanted a dot for my 226. It’s great to change slides in under a minute. Color matches, fits, easy to swap and they throw in a mag. But you can buy another gun for the money.

Got excited when I saw Walther doing the same thing. Got my PPQ right before they issued the Q4 Tac. Only paid $300 for the PPQ, so in this case I think I would opt for another Walther. Maybe a used Q5?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Looks like the price is 599 and I saw some 3rd party retailers list for 550,unless you have a need for a second slide definitely seems steep. 400 seems to be a decent price thet perhaps people would jump at but considering it includes a barrel and 100+ dollar set of iron sights doesn't seem unreasonable to me. If you're one of the "canik is just as good" people, just buy a canik and don't ***** about the Walther costing more

Sent from my H8266 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got similar VP9 kit for $350 couple of month ago and it is great, $600 for PPQ is quiet a lot. I would wait until Christmas to see if any discount and get it as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You would have to be willing to shell out 2-3x the free state price for a PPQ first before even considering this upper assembly. The handgun roster is a de facto handgun ban aimed to deter the common man from purchasing a pistol.
I agree that it wouldn’t make sense for a person in California who would also need to purchase a private party transferred PPQ (at 2-3x the free state new retail price) before - might as well just start with a Q5 Match if that’s the desire.

However, as someone who purchased a PPQ before the single shot exemption was eliminated, this looks like pretty appealing, even at this price. I’m kind of getting a new gun with a slide and barrel length that was pretty much inaccessible to me before because of the BS roster. I can punch in my address and credit card, and I can have an optics-ready long slide pistol in my hands before the weekend. I know this mentality sounds absolutely insane for those of you living in the United States of America, but this is what we’ve been reduced to here in the Democratic People’s Republic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah, I'll pass. Already have a 5" I can get milled for a lot less.

Bought a Ported CORE slide kit for my M&P for $350 including the barrel. I topped with an RMR.

The SIG 320 Slides with Romeo 1 are running less than $350. I may get one of these for my compact.

And I too am in California and bought them during SSE.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got one yesterday, don't ask me why I get it. It is because of my state and to buy additional pistol it is quiet lot of work and time, kit is great idea but.... Walther didn't include red dot plates into box!!! just hex tool and two screws.

what a cheap idea Walther considering hefty price tag and the fact that you are not selling them separate! :( Otherwise it installs fine, looks great too. Will go shot it soon. I am glad that someone on this forum is ready to help me with the plate for RMR.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
I got one yesterday, don't ask me why I get it. It is because of my state and to buy additional pistol it is quiet lot of work and time, kit is great idea but.... Walther didn't include red dot plates into box!!! just hex tool and two screws.

what a cheap idea Walther considering hefty price tag and the fact that you are not selling them separate! :( Otherwise it installs fine, looks great too. Will go shot it soon. I am glad that someone on this forum is ready to help me with the plate for RMR.
I'm surprised by this. The kit I bought some months ago included the plates.

Did you call Walther about this? Did they wan't to sell you the plates?

I use the Trijicon RMR with mine so that adapter is in use. I'd be happy to send you any of the others should you decide you need them.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Nothing new about this package. It was already discussed here in the following thread, dated 10th July 2018 (see post #6):

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppq/110406-ppq-q4-slide-conversion-kit.html

The sales unit does not, and did not, include the adapter plates - other than the plate that the LPA sight is dovetailed onto. The Conversion Kit consists of the slide, barrel, recoil spring assembly and a plastic case.

Walther, in their infinite wisdom, have reduced the Euro price for the Q5 kit from (then) €749 to the current €599, which still works out at circa $60 more than the MSRP in the USA.

I won't be queuing up overnight outside the Walther Megastore to get my mitts on one.

Balor

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bet the transfer dealer took them out of the package to sell on GunBroker.

Oh, no. It is parts and doesn't require any transfer even in my state. There is no even spots in box for them. Funny part that these plates are for sale in Canada but not in US.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm surprised by this. The kit I bought some months ago included the plates.

Did you call Walther about this? Did they wan't to sell you the plates?

I use the Trijicon RMR with mine so that adapter is in use. I'd be happy to send you any of the others should you decide you need them.

Sorry but that is not true.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts