Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Includes slide, barrel, recoil assembly, all internal components, LPA rear sight, LPA fiber optic front sight,....

But not even a magazine 😕

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
It is ported and optic ready, with LPA sights as well as front and rear serrations.
Why are they using the word "ported" to describe the slide?

"Ported" pistols are ported to reroute gas out of the ports. These are lightening cuts on the slide, not ports.

I agree about the price as well. I've seen "used" Q5 pistols that probably didn't even have a thousand rounds through them going for around that much. I'd rather go that route, and have some spare parts in the frame as well.

Doesn’t seem compatible with the steel frame if it’s compatible with everything else
Doesn't the steel frame already come with this setup out of the box?

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
Who else is tempted to review it...:)

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Seems to be made with markets in mind where you have to beg the government for permission to buy another pistol, but just getting a conversion kit wouldn't require all that paperwork and hassle, e.g. Germany.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Holy shhhhit. $700? You can buy the entire gun for that. The only upside is that you can buy the kit without background check and frankly, frames can be found for very cheap.

·
Premium Member
13,814 Posts
Errrrr', frames 'used' to be found for a good price....I bought a few Q5 Match frames, including the original box....they've recently quit selling em'. NOT happy. Now, if I could just find some M1 'paddle' frames for cheap, I'd be in hog heaven.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Seems to be made with markets in mind where you have to beg the government for permission to buy another pistol, but just getting a conversion kit wouldn't require all that paperwork and hassle, e.g. Germany.
Sadly, California USA is one of those places. I’d be interested at $400 MSRP and slightly discounted street price. As mentioned in an earlier post $700 is practically an insult considering what other companies are selling upper slide assemblies for (H&K, S&W M&P CORE, Glock, etc.).

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Why I can’t figure out is why it’s more than an entire gun. Heck....my instructor price on a Q5 is only $550.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Why I can’t figure out is why it’s more than an entire gun. Heck....my instructor price on a Q5 is only $550.
You are right. The price definitely seems over the top.

I understand most of the manufacturing and material costs are in the slide and barrel but still....geez.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts