Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello Walther Fanatics!......Happy New Year

I wanted to advise the Forum first about this announcement since the members here were instrumental in making this happen......

“We wanted to start 2014 off right! We have begun shipping the PPQ “Classic” to select distributors around the country. The “Classic” features the highly-sought after Walther magazine release on the trigger guard. There is a limited supply of PPQ “Classic” models available. If interested, contact your retailer and use Walther’s product number 2795400. Retailers will have to contact the selected distributors to order this popular gun.”

Mark E . Thomas
Director of Marketing
Walther Arms, Inc.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Way to go, Mark. This will make a great many people here happy ... a great way to begin the new year. Thanks for listening to those who think that paddles are the way the go, and for providing everyone else with a choice of platforms! :)

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
Thanks Mark! Best news in ages!!!! What a way to bring in the year.

Reactions: pani

·
Registered
255 Posts
This is outstanding news. I'd definitely like to get another one at some point, as well as a compact and maybe a 5" model if we ever see them.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Mark,

Perhaps an obvious question but feel it is necessary to ask.

I am assuming that since the Walther PPQ Classic (paddles) are already being produced overseas, the PPQ Classics imported into the United States (product number 2795400, as referenced in your post) will be functionally identical in to the PPQ Classic (paddles) which were previously imported?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Looks like I'll be getting rid of my "Smith & Wesson" PPQ Classic once I start seeing the Walther Arms PPQs on the shelves. Awesome news.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looks like I'll be getting rid of my "Smith & Wesson" PPQ Classic once I start seeing the Walther Arms PPQs on the shelves. Awesome news.

My PPQ with the Smith and Wesson marking really doesn't bother me. I have Classic PPQ in 40 and would like one in 9mm so I can use my P99 Mags in it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ordered my new classic Q a couple days ago. Cannot wait to place my loving mits all over it!!!

My new QM1 9mm will join my classic S&W Q .40 that I love. Hoping to use her for a class I have coming up.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Ordered my new classic Q a couple days ago. Cannot wait to place my loving mits all over it!!!

My new QM1 9mm will join my classic S&W Q .40 that I love. Hoping to use her for a class I have coming up.
Did you order online or via LGS?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am very excited to see the PPQ M1 is being re-released. I am also excited about the PPQ .22 too bad it won't have a paddle release. I am still torn between the M1 & M2. I understand that more available P99 mags and (threaded) barrels are compatible. The trigger is what makes this gun. After shooting Beretta, Glock, M&P, Ruger, and XD I am going Walther...I still go back and forth between P99 and PPQ and weigh the advantages & disadvantages of the M1 & M2. I am prolly going to get one or all and love it...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
This is great news.

How about a firm confirmation that we'll see an M1 style 5" PPQ available? That would be outstanding news!
+100
After years of draught, I have scored a PPQ M1, P99, and a P99c in the past year. Consequently, my budget is blown for 2014. However, if Walther makes a 9mm long slide or 45 ACP with paddles, I will sell some other irons to finance the purchase(s).

I would venture that some others here feel the same?

Reactions: Fargazer and Lef-T

·
Registered
913 Posts
Ehh we've seen them online for a few days now but thanks for the official word. :) Is this limited run that's shipping now the only ones being imported or will more continue throughout the year?

Also, as everyone has been asking..
1. Will there be more Classic Navy models imported
2. Will there be a Classic 5" version?
3. Any possibility of a 5" top slide/barrel conversion setup offered for current PPQ owners?

I know I'm not the only one interested in an answer to those questions.

Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
2. Will there be a Classic 5" version?
3. Any possibility of a 5" top slide/barrel conversion setup offered for current PPQ owners?
Thanks for the update Mark!

I know these two questions are on the top of my mind. Buying just the top-end would be a great option, but I'd purchase an entire 5in classic if it was all that was available.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts