Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can't find a PPQ classic ANYWHERE in stock. Like ANYWHERE. However I did find the limited edition coyote tan 5" model with the slide cuts and fiber sites for $580 shipped.

1. Any advantages/disadvantages for the 5" vs. the 4" (this will not be carried, my Shield and P99c cover that nicely)
2. Is $580 a solid price for the Coyote Tan 5"?? I don't care about the color, just don't want to overpay as I remember the 4" model going as low as $409 the last year or so. I'm not remembering how much the 5" "regular" edition went for.
3. I am correct that PPQ 5" variant takes the same mags as the "regular" edition and doesn't require special mags?

this is the one I'm talking about, although not from that retailer

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4" and 5" use the same mags.
that's what I figured. I know it comes with the 17 round extendo mags, but wanted to make sure it wasn't a "special" magwell that wouldn't except the 15 round flush fit mags as well, as I've seen with some other competition length barreled versions of popular guns

·
Registered
500 Posts
M1 4in and 5in take the same mags. My 5in came with one 15rnd and one 17rnd. They work fine in the 4in. It’s all good.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well, to be specific, the one you linked above is an M1 style mag release. The mags only swap if the 4" is also an M1. Make sure you order the the correct mags.

The inch longer slide gives you a longer sight radius. You also have more options for a light if you don't want it extending past the muzzle.

I have a 5" and 4" M2. Mags are the same. Triggers are the same. Heck, I can even swap the slides. Maybe, a little less muzzle flip from the 5".

As far as pricing, if everyone else is OOS, then it only depends on how badly you want one. Here is CA, used PPQs are going for well over $1000 due to the roster. They are also pretty scarce.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
yup, M1 is my desire. I have a bunch of the P99 gen 3 and MagFA915 mags for my P99 so I wanted an M1 to mag share

and as for price, I can wait. I just didn't want to get butt raped price wise, say for example this same gun was $150 less 6 months ago, but didn't mind if it was a few bucks higher due to the rona crap.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'd gladly pay that price for it and think it is reasonable. I bought an M1 5" in 2018 and it is my favorite pistol by far. I payed $570 for one in black. Too bad they didn't sell coyote back then...I would have jumped on that over the black. No issues in over 2 years and just love it. Still considering adding night sights, but I did add a lasermax spartan laser/light and it fits and works great...AAA batteries too instead of those fancy special order batteries.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
screw it. I ordered one. There are only 5 left online that I could find. In this crazy pricing era it's not too horrible. I wanted an M1 anyways
As an old salesman told me once, no one ever found happiness by saying no to themselves.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Got my M1 4” 9mm back in 2014 and it became my fav gun, added the Q5 match upper to it and now it’s my fav new old Gun...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
now I just have to find a full size P99 AS for sale for a reasonable price to complete my collection lol (I have 2 P99c's right now but I stupidly sold my P99 full size a couple years back)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts