Walther Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yea it's Israeli, they carry with no round in the chamber so a non issue for them. I vastly prefer to use the kidon with my cz p09 than the ppq. I've since put an optic back on my q5 and don't use it in the kidon anymore.
The no safety thing doesn't really bother me on the p09 because I can decock it as it's da/sa. Also the p09 is way way more secure in the kidon because it has a very pronounced beaver tail and therefore is way more snug/tight. I still think the kidon is a great accessory but u need to really tighten the shit out of it to work with the q and I'm general is far better suited to work with pistols with a pronounced beaver tail. U can kinda see what I'm talking about in these pics.
Sidenote the vortex crossfire was a garbage optic which is why it isn't on there any more, it would shut off if it was even a little between brightness settings, I sent it back to vortex for a replacement and then sold it. May be it fixed it but the holosun on there now is way better, I like the circle dot reticle cause u can use the bottom of the circle as a point of aim for up close work

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Now I'm wondering... Would a q5 sf fit the cz adapter? The beaver tails look somewhat similar

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've been very interested in these carbine conversion for some time, but just can't seem to find one that with either fit a PPQ or I'm happy with. The Kidon looks pretty good so I'm glad to see somebody got one and had some thoughts on it. Anyone in Europe try the B&T USW kit for the PPQ yet? I'm very interested in seeing that come across the pond!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've been very interested in these carbine conversion for some time, but just can't seem to find one that with either fit a PPQ or I'm happy with. The Kidon looks pretty good so I'm glad to see somebody got one and had some thoughts on it. Anyone in Europe try the B&T USW kit for the PPQ yet? I'm very interested in seeing that come across the pond!
Do we know when/if the B&T chassis will come to the U.S.? I'm interested in it too.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hera arms posted a year or 2 ago that they were developing a polymer version of the triarii conversion kit but I haven't heard of anything since. I'll report on the q5 sf compatibility with the kidon when I get mine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That seems to be an ongoing issue with "Walther versions" of all these things. They're either "in the works/possible future development" or not available in the U.S. I've even seen pictures of the USW kit and it appears on the B&T website, but I haven't seen anything about anyone selling it in the U.S. I have a brother-in-law in Austria and sometimes wonder about the legality of a purchase and send, but who know what that situation would be vis-a-vis the ATF!?!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The q5 sf fits in the cz adapter plate or adapter plate 2. But after shooting the q5 it basically feels like a smg in pistol form already so I don't even want to put it in the kidon

21 - 28 of 28 Posts