Walther Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Premium Member
I like 10mm but doubt that we'll see one from Walther. I'm hoping that we will see a .45 steel frame.
You are probably right but once you have a steel frame that accommodates. 45acp, 10mm should be a small step from there.

I do wonder how much 10mm is really being bought and shot?? How do sales of 10mm compare to other handgun cartridges??

All 10mm really needs is for John Wick to use one in his next movie.

I do think the 10mm makes sense for people who only shoot semiautos as an outdoorsman gun. A gun used for hunting or defense in the Great outdoors.

Registered
You are probably right but once you have a steel frame that accommodates. 45acp, 10mm should be a small step from there.
Yes, but that same .45 frame would also accommodate the .38 Super and how common are those ? Even Glock who derive much of their US sales to competition shooters have never even made a limited edition version. I'd love to buy a G21/30 sized .38 Super.

I do wonder how much 10mm is really being bought and shot?? How do sales of 10mm compare to other handgun cartridges??
I've noticed 10mm making a resurgence in the last few years. Ruger and S&W both have released 10mm revolvers, Hi-Point came out with a 10mm carbine. Even Remington makes a 10mm 1911 longslide.

Premium Member
Yes, but that same .45 frame would also accommodate the .38 Super and how common are those ? Even Glock who derive much of their US sales to competition shooters have never even made a limited edition version. I'd love to buy a G21/30 sized .38 Super.

I've noticed 10mm making a resurgence in the last few years. Ruger and S&W both have released 10mm revolvers, Hi-Point came out with a 10mm carbine. Even Remington makes a 10mm 1911 longslide.
Others too. Sig with their P220. Springfield with their XDM. EAA/Tanfoglio makes 10mm versions of their platforms.

Somebody must be buying them.

I know 10mm is gaining traction as a hunter's backup or a self defense weapon in bear and wolf country out west

In the past, that was the domain of the .357 Mag and up revolver but we now have a generation of shooters with no real familiarity, affinity or skill with a revolver.

Due to that, I'd expect 10mm to continue to make inroads there.

Registered

All 10mm really needs is for John Wick to use one in his next movie.

I do think the 10mm makes sense for people who only shoot semiautos as an outdoorsman gun. A gun used for hunting or defense in the Great outdoors.
I mean they used 9mm major in jw 3 and "armor piercing shotgun shells". I haven't heard of much of a boost in 9mm major use and I'm pretty sure armor piercing shotgun shells don't exist

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts